Sign in to follow this  
Manos33

European weather reports and chat

Manos33

Hello all!

I am starting this thread mainly to follow up with the idea of some members who wanted to have a dedicated European weather thread focusing mainly on extreme weather from around the continent but also on  interesting daily observations from various met stations!

I will be reporting mostly on Greek weather and Greek met stations 

To start off yesterday was Easter Day for Greece and the maximum T in the country was 30.6C in the meteorological station of the National Observatory of Athens in Lindos, Rhodes 

Manos33

Greece's max today was 30.8C in Lefkohori NOA station 

Cyprus also got pretty hot today with Nicosia registering 31.9C according to the station of the National Observatory of Athens.

Edited by Manos33
  • Like 1

Manos33

Greece's max today 30.4C in Sindos NOA station!

Come on guys! I feel I am the only one interested in extreme weather.

Do join us by reporting the extremes from your countries!!!

Edited by Manos33
  • Like 1

Victor G.

@Manos33, should we post daily (current) observations, or can we post also observations from the past?

I mean, do we want to start a topic for now or for the past?

Manos33

It can be either. That's why I titled it ''chat'' also. So we will be free to chat current/past weather observations and noteworthy weather events in Europe!

UK_Palms

I suppose we better talk about the tornado in Germany on Friday. It hit the towns of Lippstadt and Paderborn and appears to have been an F2, or possibly even an F3 on the scale. Looking at the damage to infrastructure, I can comfortably say it was not as bad as the Czechia tornado, which I posted about last summer. That one was an F3 or F4 even. The winds were probably 30mph stronger than this one in Germany. However, with more than 40 injured and a person killed in this event, it was still a pretty severe tornado by European standards and the most severe in 10-11 months, since that big Czechia one last year.

Look at the girth on that funnel cloud!... :o

Edited by UK_Palms
  • Upvote 1

GottmitAlex

Prayers go out!

Manos33

Greece today up to 37.4C in Livadia NOA station...and its gonna get hotter the next few days

Manos33

Greece's max today was 38.1C in the Athens suburb of Filothei from the Davis WeatherLink station. 

Lindos NOA station in Rhodes also registered an amazing minimum for May showing 27.2C

Edited by Manos33
  • Like 1

Manos33

Max so far today in Greece is registering in Crete with 38.3C in Sisi NOA station. 

Lindos NOA station recorded a minimum of 28.3C on the 27th which is rather stunning for May.

Manos33

Almost 40C today in Greece with Dion NOA station registering 39.9C

That's hot for early June even by Greece's standards. 

Edited by Manos33
  • Like 1

Manos33

Greece's max T yesterday at 42.4C in K.Tithorea HNMS station. 

It's been really hot in Greece the past few days.

• Like 1

Manos33

Hello all!

For those of you who are interested in extreme weather in Europe I want to inform you that back in Greece we have discovered a value of 48.8°C and a mind blowing 40.2°C minimum that were registered with a Davis fan aspirated met station (generally really reliable stations) belonging to the private WeatherLink Network. The values were recorded in last year's extreme August heatwave in South Crete in Greece. A well known hot spot of the country during foehn events. 

The Greek met community is trying establish its reliability with a very interesting debate that might potentially lead Greece's met office to take a closer look and if it proves reliable to communicate it to the World Meteorological Organization as it would beat Europe's current official record again recorded in Greece back in 1977.

You can follow the thread below. It's in Greek obviously but you can use google translate if you are really interested.

https://weather-club.gr/main/index.php?/topic/438-488°c-σε-davis-στη-νότια-κρήτη-382021-τι-πιστεύετε/

Edited by Manos33