Sapiindo

Can anyone help me what plant is this?

Sapiindo

There so many in my garden

IMG20220420174209.jpg

IMG20220420174202.jpg

PalmatierMeg

Kind of looks like a cycad seedling to me. Is it forming a small caudex?

Darold Petty

Sapiindo, Welcome to Palmtalk !  :)

• Like 1

Tracy
12 hours ago, Sapiindo said:

There so many in my garden

If you are getting large numbers of these in your garden, the first thing to look for is what is the seed source.  Where are you located, as this might also help eliminate some possibilities?  Did you notice a lot of seeds on the ground sometime before all these started sprouting and is there anything up high that could disperse the seeds.  Is this a new phenomena this year or something that replicates annually?  My neighbor has a pair of tall Washingtonia robusta aka Mexican Fan Palms growing right along the property line that rain down small seeds every year.  A few months later I have little sprouts coming up all over my garden spread by wind and their propensity to roll.  The young Washingtonia's start as a single upright leaf blade as opposed to your split leaf.  If you have a bunch of these seedlings in your garden, pull one out of the soil and show us what the seed looks like too.  I assume if there are so many some of them are essentially weeds to you.

• Like 1

Sapiindo
11 hours ago, Tracy said:

If you are getting large numbers of these in your garden, the first thing to look for is what is the seed source.  Where are you located, as this might also help eliminate some possibilities?  Did you notice a lot of seeds on the ground sometime before all these started sprouting and is there anything up high that could disperse the seeds.  Is this a new phenomena this year or something that replicates annually?  My neighbor has a pair of tall Washingtonia robusta aka Mexican Fan Palms growing right along the property line that rain down small seeds every year.  A few months later I have little sprouts coming up all over my garden spread by wind and their propensity to roll.  The young Washingtonia's start as a single upright leaf blade as opposed to your split leaf.  If you have a bunch of these seedlings in your garden, pull one out of the soil and show us what the seed looks like too.  I assume if there are so many some of them are essentially weeds to you.

there is no palm seed falling in my garden. There is no palm trees and this seedlings suddenly just spawned in crack stone. I dont know where the seed come from.

IMG20220421152523.jpg

IMG20220421152527.jpg

Frond-friend42

The closest seedling to that I've come across would be adonidia merillii.  You can see the seed in the last pic and it looks like the right size. 

• Like 1