IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

DewPoints this morning around US

bubba

DewPoint’s of note around the Continental United States ranged from 82°F in Miami Dade near Kendall with most of Florida in the mid to lower 70s. Lower Louisiana averaged approximately 67°F.

The lower Texas coast at Laguna vista had the highest at 75°F but had dropped to 46°F by Rio Grande City. The Texas coast through Houston averaged lower 70s° Fahrenheit to San Antonio, which averaged lower 60°F to El Paso at 7°F.

Moving westward, Tucson was 15°F, Phoenix was 28°F, Yuma was 41°F, La Quinta was 33°F, Santa Monica/LA was 49°F and San Diego was 51°F.

Honolulu was 63°F and Key West was 77°F.

Brief sweep globally, I saw 81°F at a Brazilian location in the Amazon. 79°F at Zanzabar in Africa, 80°F at Doany Beach In Madagascar. Mediterranean Europe was largely in the 48°F range. The highest dewpoints observed were in India, where Irumbai had a recorded dewpoint of 82° F, with numerous locations around 80°F.

SE Asia had numerous locations in the high 70°F with Cau Mau, Vietnam reporting 81°F. This also includes Malaysia, Indonesia, New Guinea and the Philippines. The highest I could find in Australia was at Darwin, which registered 79°F, travailing as you headed south on the East Coast with Brisbane at 60°F, down to Sydney at 59°F. On the western coast, Perth recorded 59° Fahrenheit with Auckland New Zealand recording 59°F.

Internationally and even in the United States, this does not account for different times of day and night. I am not exactly sure what to make out of this other than I can personally testify that higher dewpoints are more difficult to tolerate.

• Upvote 1

What you look for is what is looking