zegroeg

Washingtonia Robusta and other cold hardy palms

zegroeg

I live in the Tampa Bay area and looking for Washingtonia Robusta palms for my back yard. Can’t seem to find a nursery/farm/seller that has them. Anyone in central Florida know of a place that sells and delivers them? Don’t need anything big — maybe 6-8 feet tall. 

Unfortunately the frost this winter took all my foxtails and Christmas palms, so want to replace them with something that’s more cold hardy. Other suggestions welcome, too. 

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

kinzyjr
17 hours ago, zegroeg said:

I live in the Tampa Bay area and looking for Washingtonia Robusta palms for my back yard. Can’t seem to find a nursery/farm/seller that has them. Anyone in central Florida know of a place that sells and delivers them? Don’t need anything big — maybe 6-8 feet tall. 

Unfortunately the frost this winter took all my foxtails and Christmas palms, so want to replace them with something that’s more cold hardy. Other suggestions welcome, too. 

Thanks in advance!

Sunscape usually has Washingtonia robusta at that size: https://www.sunscapeinc.com/

I'm certainly surprised you lost Wodyetia bifurcata (Foxtail Palm) and Adonidia merrillii (Christmas Palm) in Tampa this winter!

zegroeg

Thanks - I’ll check them out. 

My yard faces a pond and it’s wide open, so I think that’s what did it. The foxtails in our front yard are growing back nicely though!

• Like 1

OC2Texaspalmlvr

Why don't you try a Bismarckia Nobilis. Plenty cold hardy and much more of a statement piece then any Washingtonia could ever do for your yard , imo 

T J 

Little Tex

If you want livingstona chinensis PM me

zegroeg
On 4/19/2022 at 8:51 PM, OC2Texaspalmlvr said:

Why don't you try a Bismarckia Nobilis. Plenty cold hardy and much more of a statement piece then any Washingtonia could ever do for your yard , imo 

T J 

I would love to, but unfortunately too big for my yard.

OC2Texaspalmlvr
9 hours ago, zegroeg said:

I would love to, but unfortunately too big for my yard.

If your willing to deal with a robusta you could take up a lil more space for a bizzie =) 

T J 

• Upvote 1