IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

7-30 gallon pots wanted

Gottagrowemall

I have been growing, bartering plants specifically bamboo and palms for the past few years and recently got certified as a nursery. I’m wondering if anyone has any cheap 7-30 gallon nursery pots for sale near Palm Coast Florida or would be willing to help me with a source. 

thank you

Prices on used nursery pots have gone up recently,along with everything else...  To give you an idea of what others pay to compare with,here in Arizona,1 gallons are .50.  3/5 gallons are $1. And 7/15 gallons are $3 when you can even find them. Buying brand new pots,as I used to do,has become prohibitively expensive...

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

Edited by aztropic
  • Upvote 2

Mesa, Arizona

Temps between 29F and 115F each year

• 3 weeks later...

My verbiage will probably get me put on some kind of watch list - but pot prices are stupid right now. I'm trying to find a handful of 5, 7, and 10 gallon pots for my apartment jungle, and stuff that was $3 2 years ago is now $10. I kinda wish I had over potted everything before. 

I can jive with nursery pots for my patio but if I can find something attractive at a reasonable price I'm here for it. My personal favorite is the Bloem Lucca due to its stability and the lip which makes them easy to move in inclement weather, but when I can find them they cost 3x what they did 2 years ago. Not ideal for a commercial nursery though. 

Even when I look at nursery pots (7 and 10g sizes) I'm looking at 8-9 bucks each and that doesn't vibe with me for something so aesthetically unappealing. I'm not a commercial nursery, this is my patio and my home. 

This sucks and I do not like it. 

The only thing I've found with consistent pricing is Target's store brand planters and they're ok but no lip and kinda flimsy for heavy palms but I guess I gotta take what life gives me. Meanwhile I have a pile of 3". 1g and 2g pots that I'll have no use for :floor::sleep:

On 4/8/2022 at 9:00 AM, aztropic said:

Prices on used nursery pots have gone up recently,along with everything else...  To give you an idea of what others pay to compare with,here in Arizona,1 gallons are .50.  3/5 gallons are $1. And 7/15 gallons are $3 when you can even find them. Buying brand new pots,as I used to do,has become prohibitively expensive...

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

I hear you brotha, pot prices are prohibitively expensive. Try finding 15g pots, there isn't anything affordable like there used to be and I can't even talk any nurseries out of them. I've been using the felt grow bags to repot my palms, I just bought a 20 pack of 7g sized ones from amazon for $24. Yes they will allow for more rapid moisture loss but it is what it is. I have also ordered some of the black/white polyethylene film grow bags to repot some foxtails that are in 14" treepots right now, they are much taller than anything else I could find. Under the shade of my shade house, they will last at least as long as it takes to up pot them in another year or so.

Out of necessity I recently used a bunch of spare 5g buckets I've been saving, and I potted up a bunch of Bizzys. Hopefully I will be able to remove them in a few years without too much fuss.  And to add, Holy Crap! the Bizzys have responded well to their new homes, they are all pushing new spears, some of them inches by the day.

11F8E7BD-B058-42DE-B965-F313CB974FF1.jpeg

Edited by stingray
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

The price of 7g nursery pots went up $3 at my local orange box store since yesterday. :rolleyes:

Buy used and help recycle. Landscapers that do a lot of planting are a good source. They often hang on to the used pots for awhile,then sell them on Craigslist for a little additional income.

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

• Like 1

Mesa, Arizona

Temps between 29F and 115F each year