IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

MLB 2022 thread

JohnAndSancho

5 hours ago, Fusca said:

Owner selling off high salary players was a big reason that the Marlins went from World Series champion in 1997 to a 54-108 record in 1998!  Not even the Cubs managed to do that.  :)  Funny thing about the Marlins is that they've only had 7 winning seasons in their history (one of them the 2020 COVID season), never won their division but won 2 World Series as a wild card.  They've only lost one playoff series (2020) and every time they win more than 87 games they win the World Series!  I wonder if they are a fan of expanded playoffs?  

:bummed: you had to bring up the Marlins? Lol I'm still mad about 2003.

• Upvote 1

San Diego looked pretty good against the Mets... But I missed the other games.... Looks like all underdog winners except for the Guardians/Rays... I guess we'll see if we have anyone going to the next round today..

Butch

On 10/7/2022 at 9:50 PM, JohnAndSancho said:

:bummed: you had to bring up the Marlins? Lol I'm still mad about 2003.

Still mad at Steve Bartman?  LOL! Sorry to bring back bad memories - I had forgotten about that incident.  Stories about him basically going into hiding and people in Chicago dressing up like him for Halloween really made me laugh!  Did feel bad for him though.  Hard to believe it's been 19 years since then.

Jon Sunder

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I gotta cheer for Schwarber and Rizzo.  Pray for the safety of trashcans behind the dugouts at Minute Maid. 

• Like 1

Looks like a rematch of the 1980 NLCS in the World Series with the Phillies and Astros!  :) They just played each other a couple of weeks ago in the last games of the regular season.

Jon Sunder

On 10/20/2022 at 5:35 PM, JohnAndSancho said:

I guess I gotta cheer for Schwarber and Rizzo.  Pray for the safety of trashcans behind the dugouts at Minute Maid. 

Me too... I think they've replaced those trashcans... They were wore out... Stink'n Astricks...

Butch

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Butch said:

Me too... I think they've replaced those trashcans... They were wore out... Stink'n Astricks...

Butch

I guess I'm cheering for Kyle Schwarber. 

The Phillies took 1 away from Houston in a very good game... Love to see the "stros  lose  in any fashion... But after leading 5-0, and losing in the 10th, it was especially nice... Go Phillies!

Butch

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Houston native and big-time Astros fan Jim McIngvale got seriously harrassed by Phillies fans after game 3.  And this was after he had donated 200 mattresses to local Philadelphia charities.  So what does he do next?  Invite them to share his private skybox!

Jim 'Mattress Mack' McIngvale invites Eagles fans to his NRG Stadium suite for game vs. Texans - CBSSports.com

• Upvote 1

Jon Sunder

10 hours ago, Fusca said:

Houston native and big-time Astros fan Jim McIngvale got seriously harrassed by Phillies fans after game 3.  And this was after he had donated 200 mattresses to local Philadelphia charities.  So what does he do next?  Invite them to share his private skybox!

Jim 'Mattress Mack' McIngvale invites Eagles fans to his NRG Stadium suite for game vs. Texans - CBSSports.com

Houston seriously needs to name a freeway after him. Dude literally turned multimillion dollar furniture showrooms into shelters.