IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

My New Ribbons

Brian M

Here are my two livistona decora that were just planted. These are my first transplanted field grown palms so hopefully I can keep them alive until they reestablish themselves.

image000003.jpg

image000002 (1).jpg

image000001 (4).jpg

image000000 (7).jpg

• Like 12
  • Upvote 1

Jacksonville Beach, FL

Zone 9a

So pretty!!! I like these much better than the Phoenix roebelenii you were originally thinking of.

Not that I don't like them (I have several that came with the house) - the ribbons are just so more graceful and interesting :wub:

Excited to see what other palms and/or tropicals go in!

• Like 3

Stacey Wright  |  Graphic Designer

Very good choice and are really bulletproof plants. These look (and sound) amazing next to pools due to the leaf structure.

• Like 3

-Krishna

Kailua, Oahu HI. Near the beach but dry!

Still have a garden in Zone 9a Inland North Central Florida (Ocala)

Just now, Darold Petty said:

Still too much grass !  :winkie:

The grass is coming out. Just had to get the palms in first before I did anything else.

• Like 2

Jacksonville Beach, FL

Zone 9a

4 minutes ago, iDesign said:

So pretty!!! I like these much better than the Phoenix roebelenii you were originally thinking of.

Not that I don't like them (I have several that came with the house) - the ribbons are just so more graceful and interesting :wub:

Excited to see what other palms and/or tropicals go in!

I think we're gonna throw a silver Serenoa repens in the middle and throw some crotons and codylines in there. The tree to the right had to be planted further to the right than I originally planned so might move some of the trinette in between as well.

• Like 2

Jacksonville Beach, FL

Zone 9a

1 hour ago, Brian M said:

I think we're gonna throw a silver Serenoa repens in the middle and throw some crotons and codylines in there. The tree to the right had to be planted further to the right than I originally planned so might move some of the trinette in between as well.

Nice! The Serenoa repens will make a nice visual contrast (in both height & leaf type). And tropicals for color.

Now you just need a Bizzie behind the lounger... and a dozen or so smaller palm groupings :rolleyes:

Just teasing... you're off to a fabulous start!

• Like 2

Lol! I've got my bizzie in the other corner of the yard which I'm about to put some sea grapes behind. I've also got 2 lady palms which I'm gonna plant as a privacy screen along our porch. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Jacksonville Beach, FL

Zone 9a

3 hours ago, iDesign said:

Nice! The Serenoa repens will make a nice visual contrast (in both height & leaf type). And tropicals for color.

Now you just need a Bizzie behind the lounger... and a dozen or so smaller palm groupings :rolleyes:

Just teasing... you're off to a fabulous start!

Bizzie is back in the corner, mad, because he's not the biggest anymore!

image000000 (8).jpg

• Like 5

Jacksonville Beach, FL

Zone 9a

Yay! Your yard is going to look amazing (esp with your variety of palm heights, colors & textures). Nice job :greenthumb:

• Like 1

Nice pool, is that paragon fiberglass pool? 

The pavers look identical to the ones I had installed last year.

Ribbons look good!

Edited by D Palm

5 hours ago, D Palm said:

Nice pool, is that paragon fiberglass pool? 

The pavers look identical to the ones I had installed last year.

Ribbons look good!

It's concrete. I had Kerry Martin Pool Builders do it about 3 years ago. The pavers are the tremron cappuccino.

• Like 1

Jacksonville Beach, FL

Zone 9a

These actually become self cleaning, eventually. takes a long time, really nice palms IMO.

Jupiter FL

in the Zone formally known as 10A

• 3 weeks later...

Almost finished landscaping, just got to mulch and put in lighting. Ended up putting a silver saw palm in the middle and surrounding it with red sisters, croton petras, and some super blue and variegated liriope. Also put a couple lady palms in along the porch for some future privacy.

IMG_20220424_110318705_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220424_153045176_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220424_153056395_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220424_153130347_HDR.jpg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Jacksonville Beach, FL

Zone 9a