Efrain Casellas

Newly installed Sylvester palm in shock?

Efrain Casellas

I just got a Sylveter palm installed a week ago and i notice upon delivery it had a couple of brown leaves, i didn't think much of it because of the exitement , but now it have more brown leaves to the point of concern, is this normal? is it something that i can do to fix this issue? 

The installer told my wife and i to water it twice a day 15 min in the morning 15 on the afternoon but how do i now if thats enough or may be is to much? 

Here are some pictures i know is dark sorry and the last 2 pictures are from when we got it at the nursery , can someone please help me with this? Thanks

C2DA8805-00F7-48D1-AD92-A99B4B191168.jpeg

3AC0B04C-5983-4095-8732-F75216A63F46.jpeg

7330E3A6-30D2-4C80-9C0C-B79C68594D19.jpeg

CB4AB66E-F3C5-4DD2-BFF4-4F64782C66CD.jpeg

208F920C-56A1-4418-AFF9-8A0AA6319B23.jpeg

8100E8B2-BB4D-4AE8-AB80-ABDBE6ECC97E.jpeg

Will

I think thats normal. Transplanting such a big palm costs the palm a lot of energy. Just give it some time, i am sure it will thrive :D

Breaktheory

Great looking tree!!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• UK_Palms
      By UK_Palms
      Just a few shots from the garden today…

I really need to get the Butia in the ground

Hopefully my Cycas flushes this summer

Here is my largest Rhopalostylis

My largest King

• Sapiindo
    • Sapiindo
      By Sapiindo
      Some people said its kalpataru palm, bottle palm, and hybrid bottle palm.

• Palms and Pines
      By Palms and Pines
      Hello everybody I wanted to get everyones opinions on which video game developers have made the best “virtual palm”, now there are variables such as art style, graphic engine, how old the game is etc that may determine why the palms may look one way or another, but with that being said let’s get started.

First off is a Washingtonia and a Phoniex from the game GTA5 from rockstar games, I quite like these as they look realistic for a game and are easy to identify.

Next from Red Dead Redemption 2 (Also from rockstar games) is Clearly Sabal Minor I think they did a fantastic job recreating it.

Also from Red dead appears to be Washingtonia again, but in my opinion they somehow look worse in this game then gta even though it’s a newer video game.

This is what I believe is supposed to be a sabal palmetto, I don’t think it’s costapalmate simply because that’s probably harder to implement 

Next from the game the crew 2 appears to be date palms. Not a big fan because this part of the map is supposed to be in Miami and I feel like they could have added coconuts instead.

Next is from the game Hunt:showdown. Looks like Sabal Minor.

Need for speed. I think these are supposed to be washies but they almost look more like trachycarpus.

next are coconuts from the game Stranded deep, not a big fan of these ones to be honest.

Next is Coconuts from the game dead island. Although not entirely realistic, I quite like the design of them in this game. 

Coconut from Battlefield V is not bad either.

I will add more as I screenshot them in games. 
    • Sapiindo
      By Sapiindo
      The place its kinda small maybe 1-1.5 meter, shady, and low light, the palm must have a small leaf or medium leaf and the mature height 2-3 meters