Palmphile

Trachycarpus fortunei leaf disease

Palmphile

Hey everyone can someone help me figure it out what is wrong with my trachycarpus fortunei, has been declining for several months, thanks.

A03393D2-4162-4A8E-93B0-414315741B18.jpeg

FBF3BE23-D023-4180-9525-CDF36EADC620.jpeg

DC873429-CB8A-4E2A-B899-730598BAE02B.jpeg

Edited by Palmphile

eddie

I would say it's a fungal leaf infection. It's quite a common sight here in cool and damp northwest England.

The good news is that it's easily treatable with a systemic fungicide spray. That should halt the decline in the older leaves and prevent the infection from spreading to the newer ones.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Palmphile

Thank you

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• redbeard917
      By redbeard917
      https://www.livescience.com/new-sinkhole-discovered-china
      It looks like some pretty nice palms, maybe Trachycarpus, are growing down there.
    • HolyNewBee
      By HolyNewBee
      The spear stops extending and shrivels up, then base of spear turns out to be yellow!!! But all of old leaves remain greeen and normal.
      What happens to it? We've got 20~30℃ here, with 50-90% humidity. Is it a fungal infection?

• Marius
      By Marius
      Hi Everyone 
      I have a problem with some of my palms. New growth is a yellow or lime green colour and it doesn’t improve as the frond matures. Does anyone know what could be the cause?
      We have had a very wet summer, but this only seems to affect some palms with others next to them being fine. 

Any help / inputs will be much appreciated. 

• CiprianS
      By CiprianS
      I don't know what is happening with my small Sabals but they don't seem to look ok at all.  This whole thing started since October I guess when the temperatures stated to go down but there hasn't been any freezing in the Houston area ever since. I will post below some photos with them, maybe someone has any ideas. I want to treat them with H2O2 because it seems that they have some rot on them, at least this is my idea. If you have any ideas please help.
      I tried to pull the spears and I could not do it at any of them.
      Indeed, these are all on the side where it is shadier but they still get some sun and in between the ones that seem not to be doing so good I have some that don't have any issues at all. It is just like it is happening random. 
      Sabal Palmetto, at first one of the leaves was coming out yellow but it managed to get some green under it and it pushed it out. The newest spear came green from it.

Sabal Riverside, it has a few spots on its leaves and the newest spear seems to have some problems.

Sabal Palmetto, almost  of its new leaves that have grown since I planted it are dead. The new spear seems to be green.

Sabal Palmetto, all of the new leaves that it sprouted since it was planted are dead. The new spear that is coming out seems to have a green base.

Sabal Palmetto, all of the new leaves that it sprouted since it was planted are dead.  Also, the newest spear coming out seems to be dead.

Sabal Riverside, again it seems to have some issues, the newest spear seems to have some rot on it, something that looks blueish greenish as you can see from the below photos.

Sabal Palmetto, the one that I got from our colleague @Reyes Vargas that was doing so fine, sprouting leaf after leaf and now it seems not to be doing so good anymore with its newest spear dead.

• Diamond State Palms
      By Diamond State Palms
      Hi! I am a Palm grower and enthusiast from South Delaware. Contrary to popular belief there are tons of palms around here if you know where to look ! The pindo’s to my knowledge are a new thing the area is trying. There are three more across the street! Sabals have been in the ground for Atleast a few years (fourth year I wanna say, maybe more!) and are doing great. Of course I couldn’t forget the famous windmills! There are plenty other hardy palms in the area and I will continue to post as I can, thanks!