IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Free Chamadorea radicalis seeds

DoomsDave

I’ve got so mdd as my it’s unfair.

Send me your mailing address by PM (private message) and put “Free Radicalis seeds” in the subject topic whatever you call it and I’ll post you some seeds.

World wide! 

Love and appreciate you all!

• Like 9
  • Upvote 5

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Dang this AI acts like it’s on LSD.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

I’m in , I’ll pm you my addy. Got several finally spouting from an old batch. I’ve found  the key is neglect in my climate :evil:

Edited by RJ
  • Like 1

Ask away, y’all. 

So far, a great response, but there's plenty of seeds. Might as well feast at the Freebie Trough. (I'm well-gorged myself, still hungry!)

The reason the babies from the seeds are most likely to be tall type, even though I have a good number of shortie plants in the garden, which are producing seeds, is based on good old fashioned Mendelian genetics.

Tall on the one hand, and short on the other, appear to be distinct one-gene traits in Chamadorea radicalis. These are dioecious (like people, dogs, cats and date palms, etc) so each seed gets a copy of either a short or a tall gene from each parent. If there's two talls, all the babies are tall. If there's two shorts, the babies will be short. If there's one tall and one short, then the babies will all be tall in appearance ("phenotype") but, if two "heterozygous" palms mate, 25% of the babies will appear short, since that proportion will be "homozygous" for the shortie gene.

This is similar to the way people have blue v. brown eyes, where blue are recessive, while brown is dominant. Sometimes two brown-eyed people will have a blue-eyed baby.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I’m mailing out 28 envelopes so far. 
Plenty more seeds if you want some and haven’t asked yet.

BD3E1E90-10BC-4E15-9F88-03D9A979BC4E.thumb.jpeg.e877cbb4a4f3abb6f4f98bf11136b847.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Just stuffed a mailbox to the rupturing point.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Good Day Dave, Spring is moving in now and time for sowing seeds. Sprouting palms in the last month Thanks for these.Zenman 120377686_ChamRads..thumb.jpg.5c9339deb95e4c56501c69788a25fd4a.jpg

Cham  copy00.jpg

• Upvote 1

Soak them in water for like three days

plant all of them including floaters in a 4 by 4 inch community pot cover with half inch of regular potting soil keep warm 80-90 F and moist till they sprout 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ZenMan 1 said:

Greetings Dave, The seeds have arrived and went underwater. Thank You ZenMan !:36_14_15[1]:

2 hours ago, amh said:

Mine just arrived. Thank you Dave.

Wow that was fast!

• Like 1

I'm down for more but please let me kick out a few bucks for UPS shipping. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, JohnAndSancho said:

I'm down for more but please let me kick out a few bucks for UPS shipping. 

Okay 

38 minutes ago, DoomsDave said:

Okay 

I manage a  hotel and it's been a month and a half since a local university mailed a check. I still haven't received a check from them  literally 6 miles away. I'll pay UPS @DoomsDave 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, JohnAndSancho said:

I manage a  hotel and it's been a month and a half since a local university mailed a check. I still haven't received a check from them  literally 6 miles away. I'll pay UPS @DoomsDave 

Gotcha 

Lemme assemble a list

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, DoomsDave said:

Gotcha 

Lemme assemble a list

Lmk and I'll send you some monies. I've got lots of empty pots to fill and/or give away. 

• Upvote 1

Got these seed yesterday.  Will try Dave's above method to germinate. Dave you have been very generous on Palm Talk for years.  I give you a great big THANK YOU! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Received mine yesterday along with the much anticipated eye roll from my wife lol! Going out of town so will have to wait until next weekend to start soaking. Thanks again!

• Upvote 1

Jacksonville Beach, FL

Zone 9a

960A691A-706F-4883-B85E-BE9190368F34.thumb.jpeg.d86a794e9dd9f08e718428d18c8c4577.jpeg
Got the seeds a few days ago, soaked them, and gave them a fungicide wash. They are in a community pot now on a heating pad. Thank you!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mine came in the mail the other week, thanks Dave . They’re ready to go. :36_14_15[1]:

9 hours ago, 8BPalms said:

Got any more??

PM address and you'll git!

Hi Dave,

do you still have some left for Germany? I gave away most of my seedings to friends and only have one left.

Thanks

Eckhard

wxBanner?bannertype=wu_bluestripes_metri

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2022 at 3:16 PM, DoomsDave said:

PM address and you'll git!

Do you still have any left? I'd love a few.

Received seeds and cleaned them up a bit, thank you, @DoomsDave!

IMG_0294.thumb.jpg.99afab81af772bce789a0c44d8b07a3a.jpg

I'm thinking split into a couple of community pots of perlite/peat, tomorrow, but open to recommendations. Or is baggie with moss more effective?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, PalmsandLiszt said:

Received seeds and cleaned them up a bit, thank you, @DoomsDave!

IMG_0294.thumb.jpg.99afab81af772bce789a0c44d8b07a3a.jpg

I'm thinking split into a couple of community pots of perlite/peat, tomorrow, but open to recommendations. Or is baggie with moss more effective?

I’d plant them all in a 10 by 10 cm community pot, cover with 1 cm, keep warm and moist, but not sodden and the seeds should pop in a few months or less. I just use regular potting soil. 

When the babies get about three leaves put each into a small pot and upsize as needed as they grow. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, EJ NJ said:

Do you still have any?

Yes! PM me your address!

@DoomsDave, I’m gonna text you my address. Just built a small greenhouse so I’m gonna start the seedling train of different species. 

-dale

• 5 weeks later...

Radicalis of Doom flowering for the second year. 

3D8368B9-765D-4FD1-A6A8-01B680225DAE.jpeg

• Like 3

Just randomly decided to check up on these, and five are coming up already, after only a month. I didn't imagine they'd be so speedy. Now moved into the light.

IMG_0305.thumb.jpg.5a72fcc96ca661d7494d4b8a03f18f04.jpg

• Like 2