KDubU

Beccariophoenix alfredii Planted

KDubU

Well could not hold back and decided to make a run to a nursery I happened to visit just over a week ago. I know I may be pushing it a bit but decided I wanted to give it a try regardless as I have canopy and am on an island surrounded by water so fingers crossed. 

She was a bit of a pig to move at approx 500lbs and doing it by hand. Pulled her off the trailer using a tarp and then through the gate into the backyard that I am starting to landscape. Also planning a Koi pond beside it so it can help shade the pond and fish in the hot summers. 

D14BCBC5-7A88-4DED-B2F6-DD736C42EC07.jpeg

1240FB5B-41C9-41E6-A55D-656AEB75F760.jpeg

• Like 25
  • Upvote 1

OC2Texaspalmlvr

Gorgeous palm , nothing ventured nothing gained ! 

T J 

• Like 1

Billy

What a purchase! Looks great

sonoranfans

looks like its very sandy, mulch mulch mulch on top to slow the dry cycle this and every spring.  They do like good drainage, but the dry cycl fmust me dealt with for them to look their best, especially before they develop deep roots.  Deep roots should be established in 2 growing seasons.  

KDubU

That is actually sand I put down as the local place ran out of “fill”. The plan is to mulch quite a lot actually, around. 6-8” as I have found this helps the soil here along with compost.

Scott W

Looking good Kyle.  You'll have to invite me up some time for a visit!

redant

She's a beauty!

KDubU
8 hours ago, Scott W said:

Looking good Kyle.  You'll have to invite me up some time for a visit!

Will do Scott. I still need to get down to your place for the super mule if you still have one. I hope by late Spring to have the pond built and running so that will the backyard much nicer. 

Scott W
Just now, KDubU said:

Will do Scott. I still need to get down to your place for the super mule if you still have one. I hope by late Spring to have the pond built and running so that will the backyard much nicer. 

Yep, still have a couple growing in 4x4 deep pots.