IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Ficus aurea pre-bonsai for sale

palmsOrl

I have been working on this Ficus aurea (FL strangler fig) pre-bonsai for the past 8 years and I am asking $100 for it.  It stands about 4 feet tall and is just now at the stage where it needs work on it to build a crown.  It has lots of excellent branching at just the right heights to start building a crown so that the end result will look like a full-sized Ficus aurea in the wild.  This species is native to the Southern half of the FL Peninsula and I have read it is one of the most common rainforest tree species in the Amazon.

Please pm me if you would like additional photos.  I can meet you within 30 miles of Orlando for you to pick up this pre-bonsai.

Photo will be up as soon as the sun comes up.

I should be able to ship you a sapling within a few months.  When you think about it, pm me in March or April.

I have decided to sell this pre-bonsai after all.  $100.  Delivery in the Orlando area.  407-795-1833.

• Like 1

Here is a photo of my Ficus aurea bonsai in training.  I am asking $100 for it which is a real bargain because I have put a lot of work into this tree over the last 8 years.

Please pm me if interested.

-Michael

20220116_101302_50.jpg

Here are some photos from the past year showcasing this tree's training.  Also, this gives you a better idea of how nice the shape is on this one.  I'm going to have to ask $200 for it since I have put a lot of work into it and it has a lot of potential to be an outstanding specimen once the crown is built.

-Michael

IMG_20210626_095119412.thumb.jpg.f830814198bdcc60a5167de00dfb323b.jpg

IMG_20210624_112832862_HDR.thumb.jpg.914ea46245ece90ff32f294afdb330a7.jpg

IMG_20210822_183338169_HDR.thumb.jpg.421ae941d3664ea0c1551d26342cda68.jpg

IMG_20210822_183348852_HDR.thumb.jpg.3dea69109811a2b1a1b1ab137796c295.jpg

• 2 months later...

Michael, I've messaged you on here and just saw this thread. If you have any saplings, I'm up in Hilton Head SC and would pay shipping and then some to get some. Let me know if/when you see this! Not particularly interested in Bonsai, though (I want to see how aggressive these things are!).