AdamKocian

Pygmy Date Palm spots on leaves and yellowing

AdamKocian

Hello,

my potted Pygmy Date Palm has its old leaves yellowing and it looks like it has some spots too. Is that potassium deficiency? I’ve been using palm plant food, so not sure why it still has the issues. New growth is nice and green, just the older leaves get the discoloration. Please advise. Thank you!image.thumb.jpg.83009d124d50d64dc05feb9bb892ccfc.jpg 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

JohnAndSancho

I am by no means an expert. 

But older leaves do yellow and die off and get replaced with new growth. 

Rickybobby

Yes. So the old fronds will not change as the palm grows. If you have started fertilizing you will see the improvements with the new growth 

Funkthulhu

I always feel weird replying to these threads, because this is how most of my palms look normally.  

UWMHI4A1gUgDr2O67McgUVUi4SWFK5Nv8RcPskRFZIK3BT6fOwQz6VpjCEHgl_vCUcmAWFDA2IKRma-tbqNo0L2YbURLWiJ8ViQtumuhMesPxBMO6ryd_LB9vZmFWUEzPe8DoS-rS_p8sdbcnJhafq1THJQGJEPEcFDQl9nx9Hm10tKwfWxn6fPEYSPmIXJ8hECt1KnMdS6FgV3a5uhpGaH4WcZ1slaKUIIsNpEFPDoNUFkGZCpK5Clf38lISADuSOyWx6jHJawieeLaS5EguEcJLrmw3jilYM76sajo4wLHA8AQq_Xlcxbce32lL3_Pt9HTJalV_UUkbw_oOiZhDolbdnhPNvJaLAOnIYEd22xx9PfmJ1FjVQA5ar9JU2IZIANXs2KR11CSfp-J-KDSuNLOOiGraX5d4K4J_T9NrFxq_aJ4x_A58i3qArCSbxOcFdtKxGpODJ_5n41-CkNTlmPCupbJ7pjruDy8D-AuYu3RIQrMOHxFdeqAomO2nyU2Yav6GvtE_EEkL19N8m5tog-Th196cS1lAzPVBL44xB0aY_I_Vyk4w0Fc81YjUDSx6xba93q_IzDHBvyJiJb8j9yDsSWWFlWFaFOzGv1HEnywHNf7ubkRTrMWFBmy_i6FBJcdm9FfstIjlTNjKoM-2KwouqhMoL8A3Rs0p3bYp6_ztzPXuD2V_OaUygsQE2gP6w_sHuRF7Q7Dwz7zwQ=w732-h975-no?authuser=0

Nebraska humidity (or lack thereof) and weird temperature swings, even indoors my PIDP looks like crap 6 months out of the year...

• Upvote 1