IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Drone video of Frailejones on the Paramo de Oceta, Colombia

GMann

My drone video of Espletia species on the Paramo de Oceta, Colombia. Yes I know that Espeletia are not technically palms but they are interesting plants with a somewhat similar look to them.

Paramo de Oceta, Colombia by Drone (odysee.com)

0e06502800c74db1.jpg

Species in the video:

Espeletia incarna (Frailejon Blanco)
Espeletia lopezzi
Espeletia argentea (Frailejon Plateada)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

PalmSavannaThumb.jpg

Incorporating music into a video can enhance or detract from the content...."Stairway to Heaven" increased sensory input.  This flight along the canyon wall to include the waterfall clip is well done.  Your tilting and panning is very smooth.  I'm a big fan of your editing skills.  Good job.

• Like 2

Survived Feb. 9, 1971 & Jan. 17, 1994 earthquakes   Before Palms, there was a special airplane

619382403_F-117landingsmallest.jpg.0441eed7518a280494a59fcdaf23756d.jpg

2 hours ago, GMann said:

My drone video of Espletia species on the Paramo de Oceta, Colombia. Yes I know that Espeletia are not technically palms but they are interesting plants with a somewhat similar look to them.

Paramo de Oceta, Colombia by Drone (odysee.com)

0e06502800c74db1.jpg

Species in the video:

Espeletia incarna (Frailejon Blanco)
Espeletia lopezzi
Espeletia argentea (Frailejon Plateada)

I love your videos but can't get the Odysee player to work, do you have a YouTube link for this video?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sipalms said:

I love your videos but can't get the Odysee player to work, do you have a YouTube link for this video?

I put a shorter 4 minute version on youtube here (it is more of a preview and doesn't show the names of the different Espeletia species), its designed for a different audience with a shorter attention span.  :laugh2:

Paramo de Oceta, Colombia by Drone - YouTube

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

PalmSavannaThumb.jpg

On 12/30/2021 at 2:00 PM, TheMadScientist said:

Incorporating music into a video can enhance or detract from the content...."Stairway to Heaven" increased sensory input.  This flight along the canyon wall to include the waterfall clip is well done.  Your tilting and panning is very smooth.  I'm a big fan of your editing skills.  Good job.

Thank you! It took me a while to get the clips lined up with the rhythm of the music, by the end I was actually pretty tired of hearing the song :laugh2:

• Like 3

PalmSavannaThumb.jpg

Very nice!

Jason Dewees

Inner Sunset District

San Francisco, California

Sunset zone 17

USDA zone 10a

21 inches / 530mm annual rainfall, mostly October to April

Humidity averages 60 to 85 percent year-round.

Summer: 67F/55F | 19C/12C

Winter: 56F/44F | 13C/6C

40-year extremes: 96F/26F | 35.5C/-3.8C

• 2 weeks later...