piping plovers

Joey palm (Johannesteijmannia altrifrons) - desiccation damage on growing spear?

piping plovers

I Hope I didn’t permanently damage my potted Joey Palm.  I think I let it dry out too much and the new spear looks dry papery, bunched up like an accordion.  Does this look like under watering damage or maybe overwatering damage?

I removed several older bottom leaves because they became dry brittle . I don’t think it’s a humidity issue going on as this plant has grown fine in below 50% humidity indoors and for a long while it’s been above 60% - 70%.

My mistake : My palms have been pushed to the back of sunroom, out of reach for my careful regular checks for watering.  With limited time I’ve been watering more on a weekly schedule rather than as needed for each palm.  I know, not best practices.

Since I bought 20 anthuriums this year, much of my focus has been on them and not the palms.  

Photo of spear and plant below.

Thank you.

FF35D160-2CF2-4825-B801-85CDA4802323.thumb.jpeg.beeb64cd2e026c1f2ff33747f719416d.jpeg628D5BB5-2A3B-4686-A0FF-D44B7DDEC55B.thumb.jpeg.ee8607c5ae292fe473ee3721f3d8e120.jpeg