Ree

Can anyone please identify this plant?  Is it a palm?  It’s located in north Texas. 

AD0813EE-23FF-4147-B24F-C65D9FF65280.jpeg

DAVEinMB

Also, welcome to the forum :shaka-2:

Steve Mac

If Dave is right, as he probably is, then it is not a palm.

And welcome to the palm and 'semi-aquatic grass-like plant' forum.   :lol2: 

• Like 1

Darold Petty

Ree, Welcome to Palmtalk !  :)

PalmatierMeg

Papyrus. Welcome

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Laurajs2011
      By Laurajs2011
      Hi! This is my first posting time here but I’ve enjoying learning about palms and other tropical plants through this awesome site. I just acquired this new ficus but the owner wasn’t sure what the variety was, but I got a good deal on it, so I couldn’t pass it up. It’s not a lyrata or an Audrey (not fuzzy textured leaves). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

• Jeet
      By Jeet
      I recently bought this coconut tree around 20 days back.. and placed it indoor.. in room with natural bright light but nothing directly on it.. its window facing east.. i water it every 5,6 days around 1.5 ltr.. just aftr 2,3 days of getting it.. the leafs have started turning yellow and then brown.. what wrong am i doing?? Plz help guys
    • Jeet
      By Jeet
      I recently bought this coconut tree around 20 days back.. and placed it indoor.. in room with natural bright light but nothing directly on it.. its window facing east.. i water it every 5,6 days around 1.5 ltr.. just aftr 2,3 days of getting it.. the leafs have started turning yellow and then brown.. what wrong am i doing?? Plz help guys

• HyperFluxM
      By HyperFluxM
      Hi everyone,
      I bought a bangalow palm about 3 months ago. I keep it in my room which stays fairly humid and I keep it by the window which is facing north-west (I live in South Australia). I have recently potted it into a decently sized pot to make room for growth through 2022. Since I got the palm I have had a few smaller leaves dry up and die, I have been told this is natural for the smaller leaves to die off after time, is this true? I have not cut them off yet as I have also read that the palm should be allowed to do that natrually. The main issue that I am having now is brown spotting on some of the top leaves, it started off with a little bit but now there is a fair amount. When potting I added a layer of large rocks to the bottom with smaller rocks layered on top, I then filled the pot with premium potting mix (richgro seaweed premium potting mix) I also mixed in a bit of cow manure soil as I ran out of the premium potting mix. I water once a week usually by bringing it into the shower and watering it, then letting it dry for the rest of the day. Before watering i make sure that it is no longer moist on the top by sticking my finger into the topsoil. I have not used fertiliser on the palm yet. Please ask if you need any more information about the palm, any help would be greatly appreciated. 
      -Patrick
      Note: The photos were taken outside after repotting.
      Not sure how to post an image on this site so here are links to the photos:
      https://ibb.co/gdNYPJz
      https://ibb.co/R9MsVzs
      https://ibb.co/XxbPhGH
    • jdl
      By jdl
      Why do some sylvester palms grow like this with short fronds?