Sign in to follow this  
Jimbean

Having dreams about specific plant species

Jimbean

I get this from time to time.  I just woke up from a dream where I was collecting Thrinax radiata seeds, some unknown plant species, and I saw stand of Pinus clausa and I saw Ptychosperma elegans naturalizing. 

I will have dreams about specific plants as I either look out the window from somewhere or walking through woods.

Edited by Jimbean
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

jimmyt

@Jimbean  Dude!  What have you been smoking??  :floor:

• Like 2

Jimbean
5 hours ago, jimmyt said:

@Jimbean  Dude!  What have you been smoking??  :floor:

I have a wild imagination and my dreams are very detailed.

I will dream about specific tree species and collecting samples from them.  I will remember details about the habitat too. 

I'm guessing that no one else has dreams like these.

• Upvote 1

kinzyjr
3 hours ago, Jimbean said:

I have a wild imagination and my dreams are very detailed.

I will dream about specific tree species and collecting samples from them.  I will remember details about the habitat too. 

I'm guessing that no one else has dreams like these.

In my own case, I also have very detailed dreams, but not about collecting seeds in particular.  Most of my seed collecting thoughts are handled during a normal day.  There is a spreadsheet I keep of the best long-term specimens of each species in town that includes when they typically set fruit so I can remember when to go collect them.  That's probably why I don't have dreams like that - because everything is handled in the conscious portion of the brain vs. the subconscious. 

You've been doing a lot of work in regard to documenting species, locations, what you consider appropriate zone assignments based on those findings, and helping those of us more botanically challenged with IDs.  While I'm no psychology expert, I'd imagine this stuff is still running through your mind when you lay down to sleep and may perhaps impact the dreams you have been experiencing.

While I'll join in on some good, old-fashioned ribbing, I don't think you're crazy or weird because you're passionate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1