Sign in to follow this  
Fallen Munk

New shuttlecock Jubaea

Fallen Munk

Fall planting of a nice little Jubaea.  Hoping it will continue to keep the shuttlecock shape.  When I bought my bigger one it was this shape but it grew out of it.

Not the prettiest raised bed because I'm out of retaining wall blocks so I just used some rubble from an old patio I tore out.  I'll dress it up in the spring, I just didn't want to keep it in the pot all winter. 

shuttlecock jubaea.jpg

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Fallen Munk

Different angle.

1390648377_shuttlecockjubaea2.jpg.14133281a4016c6fcdd2f19e88f0aaaf.jpg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

PalmatierMeg

Nice palm with great form. Hope it does well for you. Another sp I can't grow.

• Like 1

Fallen Munk
5 hours ago, PalmatierMeg said:

Nice palm with great form. Hope it does well for you. Another sp I can't grow.

Thanks!  The Emerald Isle and causiarum I got from you are doing well.  Just slow here.  Three strap leaves at last count.

Jesse PNW

I like the form on this thing but I expect the fronds will relax over time.  I also like the landscape philosophy, get it in the ground and going.  Worry about the details later. Or just leave it. 

• Like 1

Fallen Munk

20 hours ago, Jesse PNW said:

I like the form on this thing but I expect the fronds will relax over time.  I also like the landscape philosophy, get it in the ground and going.  Worry about the details later. Or just leave it. 

That area will get filled and built up over time because there will be a paver patio and some walkways installed.  Just wanted to be sure it's not in a deep depression after we get done.  The rubble is just to keep the soil from washing away for now and the rocks keep the squirrels from digging up the roots.  The squirrels are my enemy.  I feel like Bill Murray in Caddyshack with the gophers....

• Like 2

freakypalmguy

Very nice FM, Jubea definitely vary from one to the next. Of my 8, there appears to be at least 3 different looking forms

• Like 2

kinzyjr
8 hours ago, Fallen Munk said:

The squirrels are my enemy.  I feel like Bill Murray in Caddyshack with the gophers....

Amen to this!

• Like 1