Sign in to follow this  
Gator

My Central Utah Palms

Gator

As fall starts to transition to winter I just wanted to show yall how my palms fared this summer.

The Trachy is just over 7' ( tallest front ) and has a good 4 foot of thick trunk.  I have a little foil bubble wrap tent I

have been putting over it during bitter cold snaps..but im going to have to re-engineer it due to the Trachys size.

IMG_5164.jpg.a0655254e250913cd0a2aec7025bd699.jpg

My 2 Washingtonias have grown well this summer. They started out with 3 fronds and now they have a good 6,7. This will be their 1st winter in the ground.  Im going to put a spotlight on each one and a bubble wrap tent.

IMG_5166.jpg.e86a8d6d2b78d4d501aeb23876d5991c.jpg

My Sabal Minor I got from Northeast Ohio Palms seems to be doing ok.   It hasnt put on any new growth ( i didnt expect it to )

I am planning on maybe just a spotlight on it for winter protection.   If there is an extreme winter event I will cover it with bubble wrap.

IMG_5167.jpg.c24b5e45acc1ae3e9ff162b7bf2dda10.jpg

I am so happy to have found this forum. I lov e palms, and lo ve seeing how all of you grow them in such divers locations.

Keep posting pics and techniques......and may we all make it through the winter with a green spear.

• Like 14
  • Upvote 1

PalmatierMeg

Hear, hear. Your palms look good. Best wishes for the coming winter.

• Like 1

Chester B

Palms look great.  Here's to a mild winter.

• Like 1

Gator
1 hour ago, Chester B said:

Palms look great.  Here's to a mild winter.

I second that motion !!!!!

Mild and Wet !

• Upvote 1

D Palm

Welcome to Palmtalk! Looks good!

• Like 1

ZPalms
6 hours ago, Gator said:

As fall starts to transition to winter I just wanted to show yall how my palms fared this summer.

The Trachy is just over 7' ( tallest front ) and has a good 4 foot of thick trunk.  I have a little foil bubble wrap tent I

have been putting over it during bitter cold snaps..but im going to have to re-engineer it due to the Trachys size.

IMG_5164.jpg.a0655254e250913cd0a2aec7025bd699.jpg

My 2 Washingtonias have grown well this summer. They started out with 3 fronds and now they have a good 6,7. This will be their 1st winter in the ground.  Im going to put a spotlight on each one and a bubble wrap tent.

IMG_5166.jpg.e86a8d6d2b78d4d501aeb23876d5991c.jpg

My Sabal Minor I got from Northeast Ohio Palms seems to be doing ok.   It hasnt put on any new growth ( i didnt expect it to )

I am planning on maybe just a spotlight on it for winter protection.   If there is an extreme winter event I will cover it with bubble wrap.

IMG_5167.jpg.c24b5e45acc1ae3e9ff162b7bf2dda10.jpg

I am so happy to have found this forum. I lov e palms, and lo ve seeing how all of you grow them in such divers locations.

Keep posting pics and techniques......and may we all make it through the winter with a green spear.

Palms look awesome! Hope you post a picture of your foil tent!

• Like 1