IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Mule Palm Potting Mix

PlantDad

I just repotted my mule palm. I made a mix that is mostly orchid bark and perlite with a tiny small amount of potting soil. Does that seem like an ok mix to use? Thanks 

I have some super mules that are in a mix of perlite, sand and potting soil that has pine bark in it.  They seem to be growing fine.  Only other mules I have are planted directly in the ground in my native Florida soil.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Scott W said:

I have some super mules that are in a mix of perlite, sand and potting soil that has pine bark in it.  They seem to be growing fine.  Only other mules I have are planted directly in the ground in my native Florida soil.

They seem to be very versatile

On 10/5/2021 at 2:02 PM, PlantDad said:

I just repotted my mule palm. I made a mix that is mostly orchid bark and perlite with a tiny small amount of potting soil. Does that seem like an ok mix to use? Thanks 

I put mine into the native soil, mostly clay with some sandy loam.

yatayXjubaea2.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/10/2021 at 2:20 PM, Fallen Munk said:

I put mine into the native soil, mostly clay with some sandy loam.

yatayXjubaea2.jpg

Wow it's so healthy!  

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 12:02 AM, PlantDad said:

I think it's good mix

Edited by JohnFosterjdNw

Mine is potted in just plain ol' STAGREEN potting mix with some Espoma plant tone added at planting. 

They are adaptable.