Sign in to follow this  
Keys6505

Philo ID

Keys6505

I picked this up today, anyone have an idea as to what type of Philo it is?  Looks Jose Buono-ish to me but I can't find pics of any lime colored ones online.  I wasn't even really interested in this guy until I noticed one of the 3 in this pot is throwing some green variegation unlike all of the others on display.  Is this type of variegation common with whatever this20210925_204759.thumb.jpg.2dd310e99a09d5baa9039087cfb5970f.jpg is?  

20210925_204813.jpg

Xenon

'Golden Goddess'...the green variegation is 'Thai Sunrise' 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

metalfan

Agree

Keys6505

Thanks!  It seems these are somewhat common so there isn't a lot of good technical information out there.  My Google search was flooded with Etsy hits and blogs about how to fill pretty flower pots with miracle grow.  These are both the same plant, correct?  "Golden Goddess" is the standard form and "Thai Sunrise" is the variegated form?  Do either of you know if it is common for the variegated form to revert?  There seem to be a lot of "Thai Sunrise" for sale with no variegation, I'm trying to figure out of they are just being labeled incorrectly or if these were all variegated plants at one point.

Edited by Keys6505

Xenon
40 minutes ago, Keys6505 said:

Thanks!  It seems these are somewhat common so there isn't a lot of good technical information out there.  My Google search was flooded with Etsy hits and blogs about how to fill pretty flower pots with miracle grow.  These are both the same plant, correct?  "Golden Goddess" is the standard form and "Thai Sunrise" is the variegated form?  Do either of you know if it is common for the variegated form to revert?  There seem to be a lot of "Thai Sunrise" for sale with no variegation, I'm trying to figure out of they are just being labeled incorrectly or if these were all variegated plants at one point.

'Golden Goddess' is a full neon-yellow selection of 'Thai Sunrise' and yes they have a good chance of reverting 

• Upvote 1

Xenon

Think this one has some potential. Lots of green on the petioles and stem too

Didn't have any luck with a fresh shipment of Monstera :(

20211009_152458.thumb.jpg.9e220a3c3db2d118bf9592340f263d58.jpg20211009_152518.thumb.jpg.d29d8162f556ab6da3f2e1ee7af28e1c.jpg