Cape Garrett

Cocothrinax argentata or barbadensis???

Cape Garrett

What do you think?  Need some opinions here.  The leaflets are lax and do not split at the tips.  I cut many tips off that were brown when I received  the plant but there is a new leaf opening.  It was purchased as alta which is now apparently synonym to barbadensis.  If anyone could give their opinion I'd appreciate it.  

20210924_091016.jpg

20210924_091020.jpg

20210924_091036.jpg

20210924_091040.jpg

20210924_091028.jpg

20210924_091028.jpg

NatureGirl

Looks like the faster growing barbadensis to me. Here’s a pic of some of my 3 gal C argentata’s. Although the one in first row on right could be a hybrid. 

89C2528C-7759-44F2-A221-5210BA92823F.jpeg

• Like 2

Cape Garrett
Just now, NatureGirl said:

Looks like the faster growing barbadensis to me. Here’s a pic of some of my 3 gal C argentata’s.

89C2528C-7759-44F2-A221-5210BA92823F.jpeg

I really want an argentata.   Are any for sale?

NatureGirl

Palm Sale at my house next weekend. I hope to post a list of availability and prices tomorrow in ‘for sale’ section. Working on list now.

• Like 1

Cape Garrett
9 minutes ago, NatureGirl said:

Palm Sale at my house next weekend. I hope to post a list of availability and prices tomorrow in ‘for sale’ section. Working on list now.

No shipping?

Edited by Cape Garrett

JubaeaMan138

Agree looks like barbadensis to me 

• Like 1

NatureGirl
24 minutes ago, Cape Garrett said:

No shipping?

No shipping, most are 3 gallon size, plus this is Central Florida I price my palms to sell fast so I'm rid of everything before winter. 

• Like 1

aztropic

Yep. Barbadensis type for ID. Those leaflets are thicker than argentata,plus,no silver on the undersides of fronds.

aztropic 

Mesa,Arizona

PalmatierMeg

Agree. Barbadensis. Argentata leaves are darker green, very lax with highly silvered undersides and yellow-orange hastula. Argentata grows glacially slowly compared to barbadensis

• Like 2