IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Pics of The Side and Back Yard Palms

KDubU

When we moved in this house last fall, the side yard was in bad shape and all overgrown. I mowed it down with a brush cutter and of course that opened it up but also made the neighbors yard come into clarity. So what better than to plant some palms! Plus bamboo of course.

Two Arenga engleri as they should do fine in 9a and they get wider over time. I have another two plant near the driveway as well.

E3B17186-A8CC-4B84-A857-A2B8E1DB1FDB.jpeg

67E367F0-157D-4B4F-944C-31AFE7EC7367.jpeg

For backup I also planted three Livistonia chinensis.

DA45BF60-5719-4487-BD9A-8A1093EC3B33.jpeg

348DA737-F656-4B61-9571-3064C47317D7.jpeg

37143238-60EB-4EBA-A45A-71870CFBC530.jpeg

Finally the bamboo was added, all five of them. This is a hybrid named NPG or something like that.

5D762B52-A304-4A2F-B34B-DC412271599A.jpeg

Started on the backyard and this is the look from the drive.

A212EAD4-9138-4740-B056-78CB2140560E.jpeg

Edited by KDubU
  • Like 12

Nice Arenga, wish I could find something like that here

Corpus Christi, TX, near salt water, zone 9b/10a! Except when it isn't and everything gets nuked.

Nice!  Arenga Engleri is one of my favorites, I have 8 in the ground here.  Most are pretty small, less than 3 feet tall.  Two of them are getting some decent size at about 6 feet and starting to seriously cluster.  Yours will be monsters in no time!