Sign in to follow this  
PalmatierMeg

Syagrus stenopetala Seeds fr Naples Botanical Garden

PalmatierMeg

I have ~56 seeds from a Syagrus stenopetala I found in Naples Botanical Garden this past Sunday. This palm is very rare in cultivation and not a lot is known about it. I am attaching a couple of links about itincluding one from Palmpedia. The photo on the far right in that link is the mother palm of these seeds. Seeds are quite large: nearly 2" long and 1" wide. I have cleaned and dried them, a very labor intensive chore involving a bucket, a power drill and a brush attachment on a long shank, then pulling off fibers by hand.

https://www.monaconatureencyclopedia.com/syagrus-stenopetala/?lang=en

https://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/Syagrus_stenopetala

Syagrus stenopetala Seeds: $0.75 each                 Minimum Purchase = 10 ($7.50)

Shipping = $6.00            No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI

Payment via Paypal

PM me if you are interested. Tell me how many seeds you want and I will respond with a quote. Give me your name/address to copy/paste on a mailing label. When you pay, tell me.

NOTE: Please give me 24 hours to respond. After 24 hours, send me a civil reminder.

Photos

Seeds

1838046161_SyagrusstenopetalaseedsNBG08-29-21.thumb.JPG.38de35b221dafb7726816e7e30e29e76.JPG

Mother Palm in NBG, 08/2021

\565955665_Syagrusstenopetala02NBG08-29-21.thumb.JPG.545257f4a9044c295b524150067c442e.JPG616681898_Syagrusstenopetala01NBG08-29-21.thumb.JPG.dfa30a0bcb3f0d0805f1198972dc510f.JPG1611672608_SyagrusstenopetalawseedsNBG08-29-21.thumb.JPG.a00707735fae4a36c916eb9f05a1ce05.JPG738065347_SyagrysstenopetalasignNBG082921.thumb.JPG.c7bd43e304945dcbfc04dacb4968d192.JPG

• Like 1

PalmatierMeg

Seeds are SOLD!

JubaeaMan138

Great seed Meg these guys are starting to sprout now !!! Much appreciated 

C37E9136-0B82-45D4-8CF2-2411761A9D03.jpeg

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      I have two seeding Sabal minors on the edge of my Garden Lot. I grew them from seeds sent to me by a PTer who collected them about 10 years ago from a Sabal in Savannah, GA. He thought they might be a dwarfed variety of Sabal minor but I am not sure of that. Each palm is about 4' wide by 4' tall and is seeding. Is there any interest in these seeds from US PTers? I plan to send them uncleaned. Let me know soon as I plan to cut/compost them if no one wants them.
      Sabal minor Savannah #1

Sabal minor Savannah #2

• Kauri
      By Kauri
      Hi 
      I recently bought a Parajubaea but the seller didn't know the species. He sent me a picture of the seeds. So can somebody tell what it is or are the seeds more or less the same.  I lean to P. cocoides but I'm far from an expert.
      Thanks
      Tom

• Tracy
      By Tracy
      I pulled some of the purple seeds off my Burretiokentia hapala, cleaned them and dropped them in a zip lock baggy with some damp perlite and sphagnum moss.  I'm using a little heat, wrapping the bag in foil and leaving it on top of my water heater).  I'm curious what typical sprouting time is on this species if anyone has used this technique with this species. 

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      I have for sale One Lot of 150+ fresh, cleaned Dypsis lanceolate seeds.
      https://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/Dypsis_lanceolata

Dypsis lanceolata fresh seeds: $20.00 for the Lot     
      Shipping = $6.00          No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI
      Payment via Paypal
      PM me if you are interested. Give me your name/address to copy/paste on a mailing label. When you pay, tell me.
      NOTE: Please give me 24 hours to respond. After 24 hours, send me a civil reminder.
      Photos

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      A week ago I went back to the palm park near the former railroad museum in downtown Fort Myers. The seeds I was hoping to harvest were still green but to my amazement I found ripe seeds on a plaque Coccothrinax crinita I have been following for years. In the past someone had always stripped then palm of all its seeds and indeed someone had snatched the low hanging fruit this time but my husband noticed an infructescence of purple seeds high up in the crown. He was able to cut it down with his long loppers. The cleaned seeds are smaller than the ones I found at NBG but have the same "lumpy" appearance. I also have several 100s of seeds rather than just 100 so more to pass around.
      http://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/Coccothrinax_crinita
      Coccothrinax crinita fresh seeds: 50 @ $10.00 for the lot
                                                          100 @ $15.00 for the lot
      Shipping = $6.00        No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI
      Payment via Paypal

PM me if you are interested. Tell me how many seeds you want and I will respond with a quote. Give me your name/address to copy/paste on a mailing label. When you pay, tell me.
      Photos