Sign in to follow this  
Butch

Your 1st Airline Flight?

Butch

Mine September 18, 1948... Age 5 months...

z7U3FSp.jpg

Middle name is Del, not Delbert...

Butch

• Like 4

Fusca

Impressive - I got no such recognition on my first flight at age 23 (just a bit older)!  :lol:  Back when companies paid expenses for job interviews my first flight was to Syracuse, NY in the month of February after graduation from UT Knoxville.  About 4" of snow on the ground when we landed but they were quite discouraging telling me that it was a mild winter and showing me 15' poles in the parking lot of the factory they use for measuring snow drifts!

Once I combined a work trip with a personal vacation making connecting flights putting me in 5 different countries (Brasil, USA, Costa Rica, Peru and Chile) in one day!  Four international flights and five airline meals in a 24-hour period was a bit much.

• Like 1

tropicbreeze

That's a great little memento, and good that you've kept it all these years.

My first few flights were in my mid teens on airforce transports. But through most of my teens I did a lot of light aircraft flights. Didn't do any (commercial) airline flights until in my twenties. Later it became predominantly choppers.

• Like 1

Palmarum

Great memoir of history! That is very cool to have, I wish I had one.

I was flying on the first summer after I was born, so I was about eight or nine months old. I continued to fly regularly years after. As soon as I was walking, I used to always get invites to the flight deck to look around. Earliest memory I can pull up is from the age of 6, boarding and flying on a Boeing 727-200. Sometimes we would board and deplane via the rear stairs, which I thought was the coolest thing ever.

To have the entire flight crew to sign it is even more special.

Ryan

• Like 1

sandgroper

As soon as I left hospital so I would have been around six days old, my father flew my Mum and myself back to the bush, he was a pilot and when I was a kid we took the plane everywhere we went. 

• Like 2

bubba

When I was about 8 months old. My mother told me a gentleman in front of us, was coughing. Every time he coughed, I followed. My mother said it was a little embarrassing.

One memorable later flight that I took was when I was 13 and headed off to school. I was flying into the old National airport in DC when the flight took a major dip as we were landing just over the Potomac River. I was certain that we were crashing, stood up and screamed “ we are going down”! I did not know a suite mate of mine was two rows behind me and he has rankled me about this incident every time I see him.

• Like 2