Sign in to follow this  
ZPalms

Washingtonia Filibusta/Filifera? Fayetteville north caroline

ZPalms

I'm sure most people who view the forums have probably seen this palm pop up before and I'll be heading out to see the palm in person sometime soon but the building was torn down and thankfully they didn't remove the palms, but the filibusta/filifera will be really taking the test of winter this year without that extra heat from the side wall! It's free standing now and I'm nervous for it but I hope it makes it! Just thought I'd give an update on it since I think it's the biggest I think in Fayetteville unless somebody is hiding more somewhere else B)

I'm also glad they didn't remove any of the sabals because that would be a such a crime because of how slow they grow and also since I can't tell from google sky view if they removed the butia but that blob surely might be the butia but I'll take pictures of all of them as soon as I get out there! I'm crossing my fingers! :blush2:

Screenshot (66).png

Screenshot (65).png

Edited by ZPalms
  • Like 6

SailorBold

I think technically that would be a RobustaxFilifera... looks great!  Would love to see some pics..

Here is a Filifera x Robusta..   I dont really take care of it anymore.. sadly it needs more water.. 

20210831_223434.jpg

• Like 2

ZPalms
5 hours ago, SailorBold said:

I think technically that would be a RobustaxFilifera... looks great!  Would love to see some pics..

Here is a Filifera x Robusta..   I dont really take care of it anymore.. sadly it needs more water.. 

20210831_223434.jpg

It looks awesome! it looks very compact and the trunk is very thick! It might just be me but those dead fronds would make cute pot filler decoration :floor: but you should give it some water and TLC because it looks very cute! It looks very healthy though! :wub:

Edited by ZPalms

Will Simpson

Nice palms there Z . I hope that whatever new construction that happens there , that they don't bulldoze those over . It would be good if you could find the land owner and talk to him about them . 

Nice find ,

Will

• Like 1

ZPalms
8 hours ago, Will Simpson said:

Nice palms there Z . I hope that whatever new construction that happens there , that they don't bulldoze those over . It would be good if you could find the land owner and talk to him about them . 

Nice find ,

Will

Very true! I really hope whatever is built incorporates them into their design! If I did talk to the owner of the land I wouldn't know what to say :floor2: I'm gonna look around and see what I can find to see if they have any plans for the tree.

ZPalms

It's gonna be a minute before I can get out there, My friend caught covid so I gotta wait for her to get better since we were gonna go out there together and look :mellow: