ColumbusPalm

We are Nerds

ColumbusPalm

I enjoy every topic on this forum and find cold hardy palms so fascinating. Sitting here tonight I realize so few people in the world have this interest, yet we are all in the same forum. That’s pretty cool. We are nerds and I’m grateful for that! 

• Like 13
  • Upvote 2

DAVEinMB

I'm having a beer checking up on things in my garden right now :shaka-2:

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

ColumbusPalm
3 minutes ago, DAVEinMB said:

That’s the life!

• Like 1

Swolte

* Puts on headlights and starts taking night time pictures of his palms* 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

DAVEinMB
25 minutes ago, Swolte said:

Lol yo absolutely, I wasn't bullshittin :D

Edited by DAVEinMB
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

teddytn

B17DE5A4-6CC9-4968-9168-EA5EB530D784.jpeg.96ce7663e5ee16c5fd5d8faf980f6131.jpeg

• Like 7

SailorBold
19 hours ago, DAVEinMB said:

Dave is the cool kid in the back of the bus.. haha..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

SailorBold
18 hours ago, Swolte said:

Lol... palms never get old huh.. why oh why do I stop in my tracks everytime I see one?  

It's sick, really..

• Like 3

DAVEinMB
32 minutes ago, SailorBold said:

Dave is the cool kid in the back of the bus.. haha..

Cool in my own mind lol

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

SailorBold

Lol

• Like 2

PalmatierMeg
20 hours ago, ColumbusPalm said:

I enjoy every topic on this forum and find cold hardy palms so fascinating. Sitting here tonight I realize so few people in the world have this interest, yet we are all in the same forum. That’s pretty cool. We are nerds and I’m grateful for that! 

Hear, hear. It's well known writers and musicians are loopy - I think palm lovers are too. In a good way, of course.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Gator
20 hours ago, ColumbusPalm said:

YES YES YES YES YES !!!!!!  I love this.   So true

• Like 3

JohnAndSancho
22 hours ago, DAVEinMB said:

I just got over covid again so mine is looking neglected and sad. They're all letting me know they didn't get watered for 3 weeks. :mellow: Even the Washy looks sad and droopy. 

Message_1630018298442.jpg

• Like 2

DAVEinMB
1 hour ago, JohnAndSancho said:

I just got over covid again so mine is looking neglected and sad. They're all letting me know they didn't get watered for 3 weeks. :mellow: Even the Washy looks sad and droopy. 

Message_1630018298442.jpg

I hope you're feeling better brother, cheers *clink*

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

NOT A TA
2 hours ago, JohnAndSancho said:

Good that you're still here to see they need water! The covid's still hitting pretty hard here, another neighbor died last week.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

kinzyjr

As I usually say when a new programmer comes into the IT field, "Welcome to the Nerd Herd!"

@JohnAndSancho Glad you were able to overcome it and hopefully none of the lingering symptoms some seem to have after the initial infection clears up.

@NOT A TA That sucks!  I'm growing weary of attending funerals for this reason.

• Like 1

NOT A TA
2 hours ago, kinzyjr said:

hopefully none of the lingering symptoms some seem to have after the initial infection clears up.

This ^^^^.   I have an immediate neighbor who's been sick well over a year. Can barely walk 15 feet and then has to rest a while. He was one of the early covid cases here. Was in hospital for a month initially,  then home care on oxygen a few months,  ambulance rides back to the hospital several times for stays 3 days-week at a time during the past year.  Looks like he's aged 20 years and they've got him on 11 prescriptions as of a couple days ago when last I spoke with him. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if he doesn't make it to the end of the year.

• Like 1

JohnAndSancho

I apologize for threadjacking - I didn't mean to swing a lighthearted thread into something so depressing. But since I did, this was my 3rd go-round with covid. I still had the fatigue from my 2nd time. It hasn't gone away and I doubt it ever will at this point lol. But I did get out today and water the Patio Squad and clip off all of the brown fronds. Maybe sometime next week I'll get out and make a new video showing how much skinnier and sadder things look. Good vibes for everyone. 

But to switch this back to the palm nerd vibe that was the whole point of the original topic - I do live in a college town, and I overheard a girl walking by saying she liked my palm trees, so I went on a nerd tangent and started telling her where everything originally came from and I think she was 0% impressed. 

• Like 5

amh
19 hours ago, JohnAndSancho said:

But to switch this back to the palm nerd vibe that was the whole point of the original topic - I do live in a college town, and I overheard a girl walking by saying she liked my palm trees, so I went on a nerd tangent and started telling her where everything originally came from and I think she was 0% impressed. 

Yeah, discussing cladistics, reproductive strategies, soil chemistry, predator evasion, etc doesn't really impress the ladies. Let Sancho do the hard work for you.:D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2