Sign in to follow this  
PalmatierMeg

Dypsis lutescens Fused Leaf 4-year seedlings x4 in 1g

PalmatierMeg

This true-from-seed mutation of the normally common Golden Cane Palm came to the attention of PalmTalk during the 2016 Biennial in Thailand where this mutation originated. I bought 10 seeds from RPS the following year or so and currently have four extra seedlings that need new homes. These seedlings were agonizingly slow growing compared to the standard golden cane and these are four years old. They do germinate true from seed as RPS claims so maybe in the future this Fused Leaf Form will become more easily available. See info below:

https://www.rarepalmseeds.com/dypsis-lutescens-fused-leaf

Dypsis lutescens Fused Leaf Form: $20.00 each (4 available)

OR

Take all four seedlings @ $75.00 for the lot

Shipping = $12.00   via Priority Mail          No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI

Payment via Paypal

PM me if you are interested. Tell me how many seedlings you want and I will respond with a quote. Give me your name/address to copy/paste on a mailing label. When you pay, tell me.

NOTE: Please give me 24 hours to respond. After 24 hours, send me a civil reminder.

Photos

721633459_DypsislutescensFusedLeafx40108-16-21.thumb.JPG.f17870dd71a7a1c417747ace5c63fc7f.JPG1386053386_DypsislutescensFusedLeafx408-16-21.thumb.JPG.ca6eae283c46b3be8ada79bc35dd7947.JPG197951577_DypsislutescensFusedLeaf0408-16-21.thumb.JPG.28d2e5f2df379a67c9c58144e53cdadc.JPG65182893_DypsislutescensFusedLeafx40208-16-21.thumb.JPG.039f8ea1bde127caa65212e9e2975334.JPG

PalmatierMeg

Seedlings are SOLD!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• PsyPalm
      By PsyPalm
      Hey guys!  Over the past year and a half I've been playing around with different methods of growing d. lutescens.  Seems like they are kind of Honda Civic of indoor palms in the sense that they are very common and inexpensive, so I started with a few clusters of approx 20-30 small seedlings and split some of them up individually into their own pots as well as some into smaller groups.  I'm a big fan of potted palms grown as solitary/single trunk specimens and I wanted to see how d. lutescens would do in that format, especially because I feel like I've never actually seen them grown to maturity as single trunk palms, seems like they are pretty much exclusively grown in clumps/clusters.  
      So far my individually potted specimens have been doing well and are turning out to be even more beautiful that I'd imagined as single trunk palms, their delicate blade-like pinnae are quite stunning in this format  I'm wondering if anyone has grown solitary d. lutescens like this and if so could you share any pictures/experience?  Very curious to see pictures of larger trunking d. lutescens as standalone palms, haven't been able to find much online in that regard.  Thanks in advance! 

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      For Sale:
      LOT #1: Five (5) 1g size 2-year-old Chamaedorea geoniformis seedlings @ $7.00 each = $35.00
                Shipping for 1g = $15.00  via Priority Mail. Roots wrapped in damp orchid moss, clear wrap and foil
                TOTAL for 1g = $50.00
      LOT #2: Five (5) 4"-pot size 1-year-old Chamaedorea geoniformis seedlings @ $4.00 each = $20.00
               Shipping for 4" size = $12.00 via Priority Mail. Roots wrapped in damp orchid moss, clear wrap and foil
               TOTAL for 4" size = $32.00
                              OR
      One Buyer takes both Lots for $50.00 + $17.00 shipping = $67.00
      No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI
      Payment via Paypal
      PM me if you are interested. Give me your name/address to copy/paste on a mailing label. I will PM back a quote. When you pay, tell me.
      NOTE: Please give me 24 hours to respond. After 24 hours, send me a civil reminder.
      Photos
      Chamaedorea geoniformis, 1g x5

Chamaedorea geoniformis, 4" pots x5

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      Dypsis lutescens can sometimes be found in several Dwarf forms - Thailand Dwarf and Vietnam Dwarf come to mind and there may be others. I've managed to kill off an example of each. I bought the Thai dwarf from a Seller who neglected to tell me he had just separated a cluster a couple days earlier and hadn't allowed it time to heal. I lost the thing to rot a couple weeks later. I lost my Vietnam dwarf when I asked a palm expert how to separate my over grown clump. "Aw, it's easy," he scoffed then told me to cut at will. I managed to destroy every cutting plus my mother palm.
      Never again, I told myself. About 8 years ago I managed to acquire another Vietnam Dwarf and treated it like a baby. About a month ago I moved it up to a larger pot. It has grown much taller, about 4' above soil level. I don't know why but Dwarf lutescens do not flower or set seeds. You can only reproduce them by separating the stems, but, as I said, Never again. If you can find one, try it. They make great pot plants.
      Dypsis lutescens Vietnam Dwarf, Cape Coral, FL, 2021

• JohnAndSancho
      By JohnAndSancho
      Anybody know what's going on with this one? I mean, I'm a novice but none of the new leaves have ever looked like this before. 

This clump is more or less a salvage project, UPS had a field day destroying the box last year and I had to pluck a few dead trees out of it. Saw this today and figured I'd ask y'all. 

• PsyPalm
      By PsyPalm
      Just put these two d. lutescens palms in a pure water setup, I'm curious to see how they do.  My plan is to change the water every three days or so, and add a diluted dose of FloriGro 2-1-6 food to the water after the first week.  After a thorough rinse I soaked the palms in a weak hydrogen peroxide bath for half an hour, then I carefully wrapped the top 2" of the root systems in a curled up wash cloth and stuck it all in a vase of filtered water.

finalVideo_29.MOV