Jonathan Haycock

Hybrid creation: Butia odorata x Parajubaea torallyi var. torallyi F1

RJ
21 minutes ago, Jonathan Haycock said:

This reminds me of the BxP. sunkha I used to have in UK (from Patrick Schafer). Although smaller than your example, it had the same look about it.

Yes , this is an example of BxPjs from Schafer. It will be interesting to watch the two and compare. 

Fallen Munk

Awesome job!  Put me on your waiting list.

OC2Texaspalmlvr
On 8/16/2021 at 6:57 PM, Fallen Munk said:

Awesome job!  Put me on your waiting list.

Me too I also have this cross from Patric definitely one of my prized possessions =) pics are 16months of growth from a 4x10 to a 5g which it's now pot bound =/ 

T J 

20201205_154808.jpg

20211017_125312.jpg

• Like 1

matthedlund
4 hours ago, OC2Texaspalmlvr said:

Me too I also have this cross from Patric definitely one of my prized possessions =) pics are 16months of growth from a 4x10 to a 5g which it's now pot bound =/ 

T J 

20201205_154808.jpg

20211017_125312.jpg

Yours has a similar look to mine, although mine has is very glaucous and tomentous, almost silver looking.

20211008_114447.jpg

20211008_114454.jpg

OC2Texaspalmlvr
4 hours ago, matthedlund said:

Yours has a similar look to mine, although mine has is very glaucous and tomentous, almost silver looking

Yeah I can't wait to put it in the ground. My container ranch is busting at the seems haha 

T J 

Jesse PNW

Jonathan where did you learn how to do this?  Do you have any links to online resources?  

Scott W

I probably should've purchased one from Patrix but did not.  @Jonathan Haycock I'd love to get one once you're selling.

@Jesse PNW there's a few older threads on here documenting some of the process, many with Dr Wilcox, Dick Douglas, Tim Hopper and Erik.  This thread on the Palmpedia forum is really good as well...

http://www.palmpedia.net/forum/threads/the-making-of-a-butiagrus.2231/

Jonathan Haycock
23 hours ago, Jesse PNW said:

Jonathan where did you learn how to do this?  Do you have any links to online resources?  

Just by reading lots of PalmTalk threads over the years and talking to knowledgeable palm enthusiasts. The following threads have some real nuggets I seem to recall:

https://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?/topic/4789-jubutyagrus/

https://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?/topic/29646-parajubaea-sunkha-pollen-processing-for-hybrids/

• Like 1