Sign in to follow this  
JLM

Farmers Almanac

JLM

How many of you use the Farmers Almanac? They just released their winter forecast, and i hope it doesnt come true.

• Like 1

Silas_Sancona
30 minutes ago, JLM said:

How many of you use the Farmers Almanac? They just released their winter forecast, and i hope it doesnt come true.

:floor: ..Like the My Pillow dude, ( among other similar things gullible- minded people place trust in ) Biggest con ...EVER.  Their predictions never come true.  Would trust how many white hairs fall off on my dog's tail on Halloween more than it.

If i had the $$, would go around town buying all these up, then have a massive bon fire somewhere. :greenthumb:

• Like 6

JLM
4 hours ago, Silas_Sancona said:

:floor: ..Like the My Pillow dude, ( among other similar things gullible- minded people place trust in ) Biggest con ...EVER.  Their predictions never come true.  Would trust how many white hairs fall off on my dog's tail on Halloween more than it.

If i had the $$, would go around town buying all these up, then have a massive bon fire somewhere. :greenthumb:

Ive always taken it into consideration among other outlooks and forecasts, but never knew this is how people felt :floor:

Chester B

If you look up the percentage accuracy they have over the years it’s pathetic. Have to agree with @Silas_Sancona  

• Like 4

DreaminAboutPalms

Its usually like one out of 7 regions that they make predictions for will be relatively accurate. Half will be the complete opposite. I have family in Midwest and last year they called for tons of snow and colder than usual and it was the opposite. 

UK_Palms

I have a bad feeling about this coming winter, for North America and Europe at least. Quite a few models suggesting stratospheric warming in December which can lead to polar vortex's.

Worryingly a lot of the models apparently show this set up heading into winter. January could be a bad one for us here and February could be a bad one in the States. Of course it's too far ahead to predict, but given how bad 2021 has been so far for us here in the UK, I am expecting this coming winter to be a bad one too and colder than average.

oasis371

This publication of meteorological  prognostication may be quaint, but it's still garbage.

The My Pillow guy is probably a big sponsor.

Stupid is as stupid does.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2