IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Couldn’t help but share

zimm

Looks nice! what type is it? Interesting trunk pattern. 

Edited by Paradise Found
  • Like 1

“Pindo”. Butia Capitata  or Butia Odorata I know is in confusion and I forget which is correct now.  This is with diamond cut boot pattern.  By far my favorite treatment of a pindo.  Bought this straight off the truck at my palm guy’s place before anyone else could get it.

Edited by zimm
  • Like 3

At first I though Yatay.  

Your estate is going to be a real paradise! 

Any plans for whats comes next?

Edited by Paradise Found
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paradise Found said:

At first I though Yatay.  

Your estate is going to be a real paradise! 

Potentially could be a Yatay for all I know.  If you think that is correct I may be mistaken.  My guy just got a truck in of "whatever they sent" and I bought it on the spot right as they pulled it off the flatbed because it looked so good.  May need to look up the differentiating factors now on odorata vs yatay!

Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, zimm said:

Potentially could be a Yatay for all I know.  If you think that is correct I may be mistaken.  My guy just got a truck in of "whatever they sent" and I bought it on the spot right as they pulled it off the flatbed because it looked so good.  May need to look up the differentiating factors now on odorata vs yatay!

Thank you!

From what I have read, Yatay tends to have a thinner trunk and shorter frond length.  Capitata has a thicker trunk and longer fronds.  These reach to the ground and I consider the trunk to be rather thick (especially due to the diamond cut "thinning" it a bit).  Going to go out on a (I think fairly sturdy) limb here and say Capitata.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, zimm said:

From what I have read, Yatay tends to have a thinner trunk and shorter frond length.  Capitata has a thicker trunk and longer fronds.  These reach to the ground and I consider the trunk to be rather thick (especially due to the diamond cut "thinning" it a bit).  Going to go out on a (I think fairly sturdy) limb here and say Capitata.

Sound right!  Yatay, has very curved leaves. Glad you figure it out. 

3 hours ago, Paradise Found said:

Sound right!  Yatay, has very curved leaves. Glad you figure it out. 

Wait, I mean Odorata.  So confusing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...