Sign in to follow this  
ColumbusPalm

Takil help

ColumbusPalm

Hey All,

Just got these two takils on FB marketplace. Less than thrilled with the state of the palms, but the trunks do seem to verify they are takil which is a pro. 

Does this look like chlorosis in tandem with a fungal issue? I got them in a good soil mix and fertilized them and treated with copper fungicide. Any other tips or thoughts of the health of these? 

Nate 

42C1F11E-2862-467F-B936-D94647F2019E.jpeg

0487F136-C551-4945-85AC-EA5B9021A587.jpeg

1EEDA4DF-5CC5-4235-8766-37C4D8E44E0E.jpeg

Allen

The close up with all the leaf spots looks concerning.  Make sure what we're seeing is not scale (bugs) or mites.  Did the roots look healthy (White)?  Keep in mind that highly stressed palms can spear pull even in summer months.  So mark the newest spear with a sharpie and make sure those new babies are growing which may be slow.   I can't see the newest fronds in the pics well but if they look better you may be ok.  

Edited by Allen
  • Like 1

ColumbusPalm
17 minutes ago, Allen said:

The close up with all the leaf spots looks concerning.  Make sure what we're seeing is not scale (bugs) or mites.  Did the roots look healthy (White)?  Keep in mind that highly stressed palms can spear pull even in summer months.  So mark the newest spear with a sharpie and make sure those new babies are growing which may be slow.   I can't see the newest fronds in the pics well but if they look better you may be ok.  

I’ll double check for pests tomorrow. There were healthy roots but also some brown and I pruned them off. It was about 60% good 40% brown/mushy. I’ll definitely mark them to see. Hoping they are just hungry but the spotty leaves do worry me. Thanks for the input! 

Fallen Munk

Looks like fungal leaf spot to me.  Possibly too much water too.

• Like 1