palm789

Trachycarpus watering advice uk

palm789

I planted my trachy in March, since then it's opening its 4th frond and pushed out another 3 spears, we have alot of heat between 27-31c in the uk which is rare, so how often do I water this palm in the heat haven't watered it in 2 days. 

Chester B
8 hours ago, palm789 said:

I planted my trachy in March, since then it's opening its 4th frond and pushed out another 3 spears, we have alot of heat between 27-31c in the uk which is rare, so how often do I water this palm in the heat haven't watered it in 2 days. 

27-31C is nothing for these palms, mine are exposed to it for months on end.  You get regular rainfall in summer so my feeling is no additional water required, so really continue on with your regular schedule.

Allen

Yea i agree those temps are nothing.  We have well over that every day here and my Trachy seem to be doing great.

Vic

If it’s planted out then it will be fine. We have had a huge amount of rain in the early summer, and it’s certainly been far wetter than normal, it would need to be dry for an extended period before watering is essential, even with this recent warm spell, which let’s face it has only lasted a week or so.