IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Tri-bear or regular teddy?

redant

I have a teddy that has dropped lots of seeds, it's in very close proximity to a tri, and not far off from a triangle.  It's dumped lots of seeds, and the seedlings are usually not overly enthusiastic about growing around it,  other then this one. Very robust grower, seems to be triangular shaped to some degree now. so opinions on it's DNA?  

IMG_8304.jpg

IMG_8305.jpg

IMG_8306.jpg

• Like 3

Jupiter FL

in the Zone formally known as 10A

Directly below,  by a tri-bear and not far from a triangle.

Jupiter FL

1 hour ago, Looking Glass said:

Maybe it’s the 1st ever Bear-tribear?  

I was wondering about that. The tri has flowered many times and is about 7ft away.

• Like 1

Jupiter FL

Looks to be tri-bear for sure , I'll take some seeds off any of those palms in that area haha 

T J 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

T J 

2 hours ago, OC2Texaspalmlvr said:

Looks to be tri-bear for sure , I'll take some seeds off any of those palms in that area haha 

T J 

It's been such a robust grower, 10,000x the other seedlings. If you look at the ground you can see other seedlings just as old, tiny wimpy things. I have found Teddies to be a bit difficult when samll or in pots. Momma has a couple thousand seeds about 75% along right now. Another seed storm coming.  

Edited by redant
  • Like 1

Jupiter FL