IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Fallaensis, Sabal 'Lisa', Houailou, Sabal 'Variegated', and more available

FishEyeAquaculture

• 7gal Sabal palmetto 'Lisa' - $60ea...7 available...Buy 3 or more for $50ea
  • 7gal Sabal palmetto 'Variegated' - $200ea...10 available (Solid, Strong, Full Sun Loving Variegation)
  • 7gal Chambeyronia - $40ea...20+ available (mostly hookeri, some macrocarpa)...Buy 3 or more for $35ea
  • 15gal Copernicia macroglossa - $100ea...10 available
  • 15gal Copernicia fallaensis - $175ea...10 available
  • 5gal Chambeyronia 'Houailou' - $75ea...4 available

These are available for PICK UP ONLY 

Located in Dade City, FL (North of Tampa, I-75, exit 293)

PM me if interested 

IMG_2791.jpg

IMG_2792.jpg

IMG_2793.jpg

64754855724__CC858DB5-4296-4D6C-96AF-92B2A49AE712.jpg

IMG_2794.jpg

IMG_2820.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Those are really nice.  If you drove them to CA, they would sell like hotcakes.  Too bad you don't ship.

Cheers,
Greg

• Like 4

Wish you were closer. I've never seen so many variegated Sabal seedlings at one time.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

On 7/23/2021 at 10:10 AM, jimmyt said:

Isn’t that the truth TJ!  :blink:

Unfortunately,  especially with TCHP out of commission after Palmageddon =/

T J 

• Upvote 1

T J 

@Gangrenous Thumb, @PalmatierMeg, @OC2Texaspalmlvr, and @jimmyt

If you REALLY, REALLY, wanted me to...I am able to ship the Houailou, Variegated Sabals, and/or Lisas.  However, shipping the Sabals is not a cheap endeavor.  I know that the chances of them surviving being shipped bare root is about 0%, so they will have to be shipped in their 7gal pot.  So big and heavy box per plant.   The fastest and cheapest option (especially for outside of FL) is via air cargo, but this requires the buyer to pick up from airport (if airport w/ said service is somewhat close by). 

I'm not sure, but I think this still takes CA out of the equation because they're not fond of dirt being shipped in from outside the state? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FishEyeAquaculture said:

@Gangrenous Thumb, @PalmatierMeg, @OC2Texaspalmlvr, and @jimmyt

If you REALLY, REALLY, wanted me to...I am able to ship the Houailou, Variegated Sabals, and/or Lisas.  However, shipping the Sabals is not a cheap endeavor.  I know that the chances of them surviving being shipped bare root is about 0%, so they will have to be shipped in their 7gal pot.  So big and heavy box per plant.   The fastest and cheapest option (especially for outside of FL) is via air cargo, but this requires the buyer to pick up from airport (if airport w/ said service is somewhat close by). 

I'm not sure, but I think this still takes CA out of the equation because they're not fond of dirt being shipped in from outside the state? 

I think you need the additional nematode certification to your Florida Nursery license to ship to CA.

16 minutes ago, IHB1979 said:

think you need the additional nematode certification to your Florida Nursery license to ship to CA.

Yep, that sounds right!

Turns out we will not be shipping to CA

Thanks for the offer but I don’t want to take the risk

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

@FishEyeAquaculture I'm willing to take a chance here in Texas = I know we have chatted before about the possibilities. Maybe we just need to catch catch them before you grow them too big haha

T J 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

T J 

To be fully compliant with regulations, you would need to be certified for shipping to CA.  I don't know if it is limited to just nematodes, but that is certainly one component.  I'm sure that plenty of people do it regardless, but I'm pointing out here what I understand to be the correct procedure.

Cheers,
Greg

17 hours ago, Gangrenous Thumb said:

To be fully compliant with regulations, you would need to be certified for shipping to CA.  I don't know if it is limited to just nematodes, but that is certainly one component.  I'm sure that plenty of people do it regardless, but I'm pointing out here what I understand to be the correct procedure.

Cheers,
Greg

You're correct, there are other requirements. The nematode certification dictates your nursery setup, too.  All stock shipping to CA has to be 18" off the ground, there are restrictions on your mix and containers which need to be sterilized.

This was from my Florida Ag Plant Inspector; In order to ship to LA, AZ, TX, CA & HI, you need to be nematode certified.  This is a relatively simple process,  a little paperwork and a visit from the Florida Ag nematode inspector (it is $50 for each nematode sample to be processed, you need 2 per year).  Any shipments to Arizona additionally require a state phytosanitary certificate (which is $50+ mileage (.45/mile) each).  Louisiana and Texas also have additional requirements for hosts of TPPD, Lethal Yellowing and requires a phytosanitary certificate. 

You have a great setup, if you're not certified yet, it's not worth losing your license over a $50 palm. It might be worth getting certified if you have interest and buyers are willing to pay the shipping. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Update on what is remaining:

• 7gal Sabal palmetto 'Variegated' - $200ea...2 remaining (Solid, Strong, Full Sun Loving Variegation)
  • 7gal Chambeyronia - $40ea...10 remaining (mostly hookeri, some macrocarpa)...Buy 3 or more for $35ea
  • 15gal Copernicia macroglossa - $100ea...10 available
  • 15gal Copernicia fallaensis - $175ea...10 available
  • 5gal Chambeyronia 'Houailou' - $75ea...4 available

Update on what is remaining (and new lower price points on some remaining palms):

• 7gal Sabal palmetto 'Variegated' - $200ea...2 remaining (Solid, Strong, Full Sun Loving Variegation)
  • 7gal Chambeyronia - NOW $35ea...10 remaining (mostly hookeri, some macrocarpa)...BUY 3 OR MORE, $30ea
  • 15gal Copernicia macroglossa - NOW $75ea...10 available
  • 15gal Copernicia fallaensis - $175ea...8 remaining
  • 5gal Chambeyronia 'Houailou' - NOW $50ea...2 remaining

• 2 weeks later...

• 15gal Copernicia macroglossa - NOW $75ea...10 available
  • 15gal Copernicia fallaensis - $175ea...8 remaining
  • 5gal Chambeyronia 'Houailou' - NOW $50ea...2 remaining

• 7gal Sabal palmetto 'Lisa' - SOLD OUT
  • 7gal Sabal palmetto 'Variegated' - (Solid, Strong, Full Sun Loving Variegation) SOLD OUT
  • 7gal Chambeyronia hookeri and macrocarpa - SOLD OUT
  • Upvote 1

• 15gal Copernicia macroglossa - NOW $75ea...10 available
  • 15gal Copernicia fallaensis - $175ea...7 remaining

• 7gal Sabal palmetto 'Lisa' - SOLD OUT
  • 7gal Sabal palmetto 'Variegated' - (Solid, Strong, Full Sun Loving Variegation) - SOLD OUT
  • 7gal Chambeyronia hookeri and macrocarpa - SOLD OUT
  • 5gal Chambeyronia 'Houailou' - SOLD OUT
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...