Sign in to follow this  
Palmlover_78

sick pygmy :(...

Palmlover_78

Hey Guys this is my first Pygmy Date Palm and I am wondering the fronds look quite yellow :( what is wrong?

Thanks a lot :)

pg.JPG

pg1.JPG

pg2.JPG

pg3.JPG

JLM

New emerging fronds on a few of mine are doing the same, they are recovering from being seperated. Would also like an answer if possible.

Palmfarmer

Do they darken with time? if not it is time to Fertlize them with a fertilizer with a lot of micronutrients. Personally I use a Organic fertlizer that is slow realese. The organic slow realese can take some time to work so you can hit it with some fast acting fertilizer before you lay down the slow realese stuff. they love water you can so make sure to keep the soil moist at all times when the wheater is warm. 

Palmlover_78

It needed Food :D

• Like 1

Rickybobby

Yes. Pygmys can take some water and with that we tend to maybe flush a lot of the fertilizer as well. Hopefully newer fronds will come back to the nice green and it will out grow it 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Palmlover_78
On 7/6/2021 at 7:24 AM, Palmfarmer said:

Do they darken with time? if not it is time to Fertlize them with a fertilizer with a lot of micronutrients. Personally I use a Organic fertlizer that is slow realese. The organic slow realese can take some time to work so you can hit it with some fast acting fertilizer before you lay down the slow realese stuff. they love water you can so make sure to keep the soil moist at all times when the wheater is warm. 

They are darkening up now that I fertilized them.   I bought the Palm at our Home Depot god only knows when it had food last...

JLM

I planted one of my roebelenii's last week, it greened up nicely! Luckily the roofers didnt almost destroy this palm, unlike my Foxtail.