IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Beccariophoenix alfredii

Jeff Searle

First discovered this flowering over a year ago now.  It's been a slow process for this development. Unfortunately, the property had been sold so I'm not sure if I can follow this development of future flowers and seed. Hopefully so....

20210217_103226.jpg

• Like 20
  • Upvote 3

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Those things are awesome but they get huge and need room to grow! Too big for my yard for sure. Yours looks perfect. 

What a beautiful monster that one is.  Hopefully it will produce little “Alfredilets” to populate south Florida. 

• Upvote 1

@Jeff Searle

Since you’ve sold your property, what are your plans now? Staying in S Florida?

Westchase | 9b 10a  ◆  Nokomis | 10a  ◆  St. Petersburg | 10a 10b 

2 hours ago, Jeff Searle said:

First discovered this flowering over a year ago now.  It's been a slow process for this development. Unfortunately, the property had been sold so I'm not sure if I can follow this development of future flowers and seed. Hopefully so....

20210217_103226.jpg

That is the most impressive specimen of the species I have ever seen.  It is no surprise that it is your handiwork!

On 6/24/2021 at 12:24 PM, RedRabbit said:

@Jeff Searle

Since you’ve sold your property, what are your plans now? Staying in S Florida?

Born and raised here so yes I will stick around. I have already started my small back yard nursery and nd will continue growing the very best and rarest of palms.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

That is really a beast of a palm!  I'm guessing the base is pretty close to mature now, about how big is it at ground level?  It looks like maybe 3-4 feet diameter?  I have 5 in the ground here in Orlando, and I have a few other plants that are probably too close.  If it is going to grow bigger than 4' diameter then I'll definitely have to move a few things...  :D