IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Two year update of my garden.

Paradise Found

It's been awhile since y'all have seen my garden pics. All the photos were taken in the early morning hours so the shadows are long and makes it seem darker than it really is.... enjoy.IMG-0659.thumb.JPG.3c6b1917ff0a2797eccc70f1736c6147.JPG

IMG-0657.JPG

IMG-0650.JPG

IMG-0660.JPG

IMG-0668.JPG

IMG-0665.JPG

IMG-0670.JPG

IMG-0674.JPG

IMG-0685.JPG

IMG-0672.JPG

IMG-0684.JPG

IMG-0682.JPG

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

This is my kind of jungle! Love all of the pictures. The variegation on your Fatsia is awesome. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, ColumbusPalm said:

This is my kind of jungle! Love all of the pictures. The variegation on your Fatsia is awesome. 

Thanks man, its not a garden anymore it now a jungle for sure, I only took 2/3 of the place and other 1/3 is to hard to take picture of.  I think I have 3 or 4 types of Fatsia each one different from the other. 

26 minutes ago, GregVirginia7 said:

Wow...fantastic...how in the world do you manage watering?

Pots and containers by hand, once a week or every two weeks, the rest are on micro sprinklers. No way anyone could do this all by hand.  city lot 60' by 120' .

Edited by Paradise Found
  • Like 1

I love all the color, really beautiful!

Post some more pics when you get a chance haha -kidding

What kind of fern in first pic- Cooperi?

nice nice nice

• Like 1

Post some more pics, LOL!  Sorry for the duplicate photos at the end. 

Tree fern is Dicksonia antarctica I really do have to look up to see the top of it. and the one fern in a pot is a tree fern Cyathea atrox.... Only has to be in the 50's for it to start growing. 

Edited by Paradise Found

Since you really can't see all my palms trees here is a list of all the ones in the ground. The very first Trachycarpus was planted in 1994, the begging of the tropical look. 

1 xbutigrus dr. willcox

1 butia canariensis

3 butia odorata

15 Chamaedorea radicalis

1 Chamaerops humilis

6 Chamaerops argentea

1 Jubaea x butia F2

1 Mule unkown

1 Sabal burmudana

50 Trachycarpus fortunei

1 Trachycarpus fortunei ' nanital'

2 Trachycarpus princeps

1 Trachycarpus fortunei x wagnerianus

1 Cycad taitungensis x panzhihuaensis

• Like 3

Impressive garden, thanks for the update! 
B)

Last week, I looked at this plant and forgot about it probably for reasons of it being not worth my effort. This is a VERY nice image, though. What was the name again? Maybe I should take a second look! 

4 hours ago, Paradise Found said:

IMG-0545.JPG

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Swolte said:

Impressive garden, thanks for the update! 
B)

Last week, I looked at this plant and forgot about it probably for reasons of it being not worth my effort. This is a VERY nice image, though. What was the name again? Maybe I should take a second look! 

Thanks Man!  Glad you enjoy them. 

That plant is Abutilon megapotamicum a trailing vine.  Climbing vine if you stake it up or grow on a palm tree, it can take heat and humidity. Semi drought tolerant.  Very hardy here and during mild winter blooms all winter.  Hummingbird plant.  You should try one low maintenance plant.  Comes in a variegated leaf too. 

15 years old plant. 

Edited by Paradise Found
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Paradise Found said:

Yes! Agave ovatifolia 'vanize'.

Sorry to keep bugging you about one agave haha. How old is it? I’ve got 2 ovatifolia I’m about to put in the ground. 

1 hour ago, teddytn said:

Sorry to keep bugging you about one agave haha. How old is it? I’ve got 2 ovatifolia I’m about to put in the ground. 

No problem at all, love questions. lol.  I think around 6 years from a one gallon.  How big are the ones you will be planting? 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Paradise Found said:

No problem at all, love questions. lol.  I think around 6 years from a one gallon.  How big are the ones you will be planting? 

Yeah same, two 1 gallon plants. I’ve seen some pictures of enormous ovatifolias, when fully grown. Hoping they will handle the wet and cold here. Fingers crossed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teddytn said:

Yeah same, two 1 gallon plants. I’ve seen some pictures of enormous ovatifolias, when fully grown. Hoping they will handle the wet and cold here. Fingers crossed

Hardy to 5F so I think yours will do good. 

1 hour ago, Trustandi said:

Beautiful mature jungle @Paradise Found i love it! 

Thanks Guy!!! I don't feel like I am in city once inside the garden, and its a lot cooler/humid on hot days. 

Edited by Paradise Found

Thanks Jim, glad you like them, I'll post some more at the end of summer and fall to show off the palms. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chester B said:

Amazing what you can do in 8a!

Just imagine what I could do in 8b, lol 

l wanted color this year and got it I think.