IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

New to the forum

D. Morrowii

Just posting to say hello. I live in Central East Florida and I am pretty new to palms. I was bitten by the bug a little less than a year ago and find myself somewhat obsessed. I’m up to about 30 different palms, mostly small and about half are from seed Ive found in planters. Anyway, looking forward to soaking up some knowledge and meeting some fellow palmophiles!

-Dean

• Like 7

@D. Morrowii Welcome to the forums!

Lakeland, FL

USDA Zone 1990: 9a  2012: 9b  2023: 10a | Sunset Zone: 26 | Record Low: 20F/-6.67C (Jan. 1985, Dec.1962) | Record Low USDA Zone: 9a

30-Year Avg. Low: 30F | 30-year Min: 24F

I didnt see this forum until recently. 

My name is Erika Jane. 

I am a palm tree and tropical garden enthusiast. Like many, my love for palm trees began with the purchase of my home in 2017. 

With 4 existing 30 feet tall beauties, I knew I wasn't going to tear them down! So I started looked for companion plantings. 

And BOOM!!!! I found the wonderful world of palm trees addicts! In 4 years i have added many species and hope to continue to add many more. 

with 1/3 of an acre and a great micro climate with the best of both worlds, the night time heat of the valley, the day time coastal breeze to cool things down.,

I'm praying I'm successful. I'm pleased to have found this group of likeminded individuals. I need to set up my account on my phone so i can upload photos. 

EJ

Edited by EJ;)
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Welcome to the forums.  We are all in the learning mode.  You might be walking distance to NATUREGIRL, Charlene in Satellite Beach.  This will be a great resource for you for anything related to seeds, species, germination, seedlings, etc.

Survived Feb. 9, 1971 & Jan. 17, 1994 earthquakes   Before Palms, there was a special airplane

619382403_F-117landingsmallest.jpg.0441eed7518a280494a59fcdaf23756d.jpg