PalmatierMeg

Sabal causiarium Seeds

PalmatierMeg

Last Friday I went to the Ft. Myers palm park by the old railroad museum to collect seeds. I found a plaqued Sabal causiarum loaded with seeds. I know because of the record freeze in TX there is renewed interest in planting Sabal palms because of their cold tolerance. Sabal causiarum is by far the largest of the Sabals as my behemoth specimen on World Famous Sabal Row exemplifies. I was able to pick up seeds at the park but a torrent of rain let loose before I could take photos and I had to sprint for the car. But I have the seeds cleaned and ready to go.

http://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/Sabal_causiarum

Sabal causiarum seeds: up to 50 @ $10.00 for the lot

100 @ $15.00 for the lot

Shipping = $6.00 in padded envelope             No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI

Payment via Paypal

PM me if you are interested. Tell me how many seeds you wish to purchase and give me your name/address to copy/paste on a mailing label. I will PM back a quote. When you pay, tell me.

NOTE: Please give me 24 hours to respond. After 24 hours, send me a civil reminder.

Photos

1951275228_Sabalcausiarumseeds06-08-21.thumb.JPG.5f98781248b8192b1e7d0cdef279fe73.JPG

My Sabal causiarum (not the mother)

426749716_Sabalcausiarum0108-18-20.thumb.JPG.80a3d0b8807d9ce89302c5b618092e00.JPG

nduba

50 seeds for me plz

Nduba

zimm

PM Sent

SouthFLA

I know that palm. Someone who collected seeds from it a while back said the offspring were all hybrids with the native sabal palmetto. Makes sense since it's surrounded by them. I recall there is a large hybrid right next to it last time I was there.

Fusca
2 hours ago, SouthFLA said:

I know that palm. Someone who collected seeds from it a while back said the offspring were all hybrids with the native sabal palmetto. Makes sense since it's surrounded by them. I recall there is a large hybrid right next to it last time I was there.

UF campus?

CoconutGambler352

PM you