IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

S. Birmingham, Louisiana & Brazoria... let's see'em!

Sabal King

On 6/7/2021 at 5:18 PM, NC_Palm_Enthusiast said:
On 6/6/2021 at 11:56 AM, Laaz said:

I have a sabal that I have no idea what it is. It grows faster than our native sabal,s & is much fatter. The story is, I was doing a cable repair job where the woman had cut her line while gardening. She felt bad & said here thake this palm that she had picked up somewhere in TX on a trip. Any ideas?

20210606_115059.jpg

Maybe sabal mexicana?

Does it have seeds/fruit that are obviously larger than the native palmetto?

I have one that I'm 99% sure is a mexicana.  The seeds and fruit are way bigger than a palmetto (Seeds/fruit labeled ? below).  It grows really fast, for a Sabal.

IMAG0388.thumb.jpg.32d72388d7830ce6a8042b0d7f9bc181.jpg

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, tlow said:

We will have to compare notes in the following years.. I am hoping to get some good pictures from the many many of these that I have on our property as they are ALL purchasing beautiful spears.  Early observations are Birmingham is slower... Louisiana is a rocket, as is my brazoriensis.

For sure this is a thread we’ll all have to keep updated. Good on ya for starting this one! Yeah Birmingham is a weird one, grows slower and is more cold hardy….but gets bigger in the long run than the other two

OK here are the current trunking (some day) sabals.  The pic with two sabals has Birmingham on the left/front and Louisiana on the right/back.  Planted last spring, so one winter.  The Birmingham measures only 26 inches to the tip of the tallest frond.  That is a yardstick measuring the Louisiana.  Each had one or two non-strap leaf fronds when planted.  So Louisiana is putting out more and larger fronds.  Full Summer sun from 11ish am till 3-4ish pm, then part sun through some white pine branches till 6pm.  After leaves fall they get sun all morning and the same sun through evergreens starting around 2-3ish pm.  So I'm in the Louisiana grows faster than Birmingham camp.   (BTW Agave Harvardiana in a buried pot between them).  

The two Brazorienses were bought at the same time from the same on line seller and basically had strap leaves.  The big one went into the ground immediately 14 months ago (full summer sun after 1pm.  Sun all day after leaves fall).  The smaller one was moved to a bigger pot, and had full sun all summer and winter and was moved it into the garage for temps below 15F or freezing precipitation.     This is the second time I've had two palms of the same age from same vendor and I planted one and kept the other sheltered for an extra winter.   Both time the plant in the ground earlier has gotten larger. (The other pair were Trachys)  

I also want to mention that this growing season I have been watering these sabals before or after work at least every other day,  and every day when the temperature would exceed 90.  It seems to have helped the growth. 

IMG_4047.jpg

IMG_4048.jpg

IMG_4049.jpg

• Like 6

Update on the McCurtain...new frond looks like the others but there is another one erupting...well, it’s not erupting...more like eking, but it’s pushing out...if I can get two new leaves this season, I’ll be happy. I’ll just keep watering and get results.image.thumb.jpg.4c5222c324dc22f29a77064f43dec372.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/3/2021 at 5:07 PM, newtopalmsMD said:

OK here are the current trunking (some day) sabals.  The pic with two sabals has Birmingham on the left/front and Louisiana on the right/back.  Planted last spring, so one winter.  The Birmingham measures only 26 inches to the tip of the tallest frond.  That is a yardstick measuring the Louisiana.  Each had one or two non-strap leaf fronds when planted.  So Louisiana is putting out more and larger fronds.  Full Summer sun from 11ish am till 3-4ish pm, then part sun through some white pine branches till 6pm.  After leaves fall they get sun all morning and the same sun through evergreens starting around 2-3ish pm.  So I'm in the Louisiana grows faster than Birmingham camp.   (BTW Agave Harvardiana in a buried pot between them).  

The two Brazorienses were bought at the same time from the same on line seller and basically had strap leaves.  The big one went into the ground immediately 14 months ago (full summer sun after 1pm.  Sun all day after leaves fall).  The smaller one was moved to a bigger pot, and had full sun all summer and winter and was moved it into the garage for temps below 15F or freezing precipitation.     This is the second time I've had two palms of the same age from same vendor and I planted one and kept the other sheltered for an extra winter.   Both time the plant in the ground earlier has gotten larger. (The other pair were Trachys)  

I also want to mention that this growing season I have been watering these sabals before or after work at least every other day,  and every day when the temperature would exceed 90.  It seems to have helped the growth. 

IMG_4047.jpg

IMG_4048.jpg

IMG_4049.jpg

You’re right about the watering...started paying attention to it this season and it’s worked wonders...not that I didn’t water before...just water a lot more now.

On 6/3/2021 at 4:37 PM, tlow said:

Curious but is the heel something that comes with age?  If so, what age?

Just to follow up on this question...the so called heel is when that spinal column of

a subterranean root/trunk is forced upward because of growing in a pot that is not deep enough

to support/allow downward growth of the "root" system.

Maybe someone has a pic or can point it out in one of the nice Sabal pics on this thread-if visible.

Story time! Last year the bigger Birmingham I have sent up 3 inflorescence, set 3 one gallon bags full of seed that I collected last fall. I played around with some of the seeds and none germinated. In small pots, in a 4 pot tray with bottom heat from a heating mat and covered with plastic wrap. I’ve had success many times with this method. As I have no other sabals that flowered last year I assumed the whole load of seeds were unviable. I spread half of one of the gallon bags in an unused raised bed at that time, and covered with mulch (just in case). Dumped the rest of the seeds in the compost pile and forgot about it. Looking around in that raised bed today pulling weeds and came face to face with 7 Sabal Birmingham seedlings that sprouted. I’m super stoked on this! To be clear here the seeds were spread in late fall, covered with mulch and spent the winter outside here in Clarksville, TN. Going to make a thorough investigation of the compost pile tomorrow. 85A74AB0-6F7F-4914-B252-91F20F15D1F9.thumb.jpeg.d82b2ac8b2e7261038c26021abecbaf7.jpeg63F4FBE5-B1CA-413A-B12E-12A378879162.thumb.jpeg.eac468d411b1da2cb7f7de91f130ff43.jpeg0BDB2DFA-9950-4124-8AD4-3BA6F3E3EA73.thumb.jpeg.3562f5e4e4e85704af83b9bd58021634.jpegThis is the Birmingham that produced the seed. See brown inflorescence on left, I cut the two that came up this year on the right under the assumption it would be a waste of energy since there was no pollen producing plants near it. May have to let this thing set seed next year.88FC1E44-5515-407A-86CB-C2C827AD5E02.thumb.jpeg.4e10487c8dbe3e6d54ef13578e1cbb50.jpeg

Edited by teddytn
Spelling
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, teddytn said:

Story time! Last year the bigger Birmingham I have sent up 3 inflorescence, set 3 one gallon bags full of seed that I collected last fall. I played around with some of the seeds and none germinated. In small pots, in a 4 pot tray with bottom heat from a heating mat and covered with plastic wrap. I’ve had success many times with this method. As I have no other sabals that flowered last year I assumed the whole load of seeds were unviable. I spread half of one of the gallon bags in an unused raised bed at that time, and covered with mulch (just in case). Dumped the rest of the seeds in the compost pile and forgot about it. Looking around in that raised bed today pulling weeds and came face to face with 7 Sabal Birmingham seedlings that sprouted. I’m super stoked on this! To be clear here the seeds were spread in late fall, covered with mulch and spent the winter outside here in Clarksville, TN. Going to make a thorough investigation of the compost pile tomorrow. 85A74AB0-6F7F-4914-B252-91F20F15D1F9.thumb.jpeg.d82b2ac8b2e7261038c26021abecbaf7.jpeg63F4FBE5-B1CA-413A-B12E-12A378879162.thumb.jpeg.eac468d411b1da2cb7f7de91f130ff43.jpeg0BDB2DFA-9950-4124-8AD4-3BA6F3E3EA73.thumb.jpeg.3562f5e4e4e85704af83b9bd58021634.jpegThis is the Birmingham that produced the seed. See brown inflorescence on left, I cut the two that came up this year on the right under the assumption it would be a waste of energy since there was no pollen producing plants near it. May have to let this thing set seed next year.88FC1E44-5515-407A-86CB-C2C827AD5E02.thumb.jpeg.4e10487c8dbe3e6d54ef13578e1cbb50.jpeg

Awesome to see!!  Congrats.  I have probably a dozen Birminghams, and a dozen Louisianas throughout the property and I can't wait until they get to this stage... once they seed, man my wife will kill me but we'll have palms everywhere lol.  How old is the one setting seed?  Congrats!

• Like 1

Subscribe to my YouTube here  to follow along my Sabal obsession....  Quite possibly one of the biggest Sabal plantings in the US.

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/sabalking.texas

2 hours ago, tlow said:

Awesome to see!!  Congrats.  I have probably a dozen Birminghams, and a dozen Louisianas throughout the property and I can't wait until they get to this stage... once they seed, man my wife will kill me but we'll have palms everywhere lol.  How old is the one setting seed?  Congrats!

Thank you! Had to look back through some pics to find the dates. First pic is when it got delivered to my house. Potted it for the winter since it was late in the year. I would guess it’s 4 years old at that point Sept. 2014, planted spring 2015. So now has to be 11 years old give or take a year.FCDD02B4-F248-474B-ABB1-F81847990EA0.thumb.jpeg.390600501b1d5d54a8794a90e5575443.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, teddytn said:

Thank you! Had to look back through some pics to find the dates. First pic is when it got delivered to my house. Potted it for the winter since it was late in the year. I would guess it’s 4 years old at that point Sept. 2014, planted spring 2015. So now has to be 11 years old give or take a year.FCDD02B4-F248-474B-ABB1-F81847990EA0.thumb.jpeg.390600501b1d5d54a8794a90e5575443.jpeg

That's great.  Most of mine are at least 3 some 5 years old so I'm already a good chunk of the way there.  I was reserving a S. Louisian (the largest one) to go into my new landscaping we're doing around the house, we got done with one part of it two weekends ago (right smack dab in front of the hose on display) and I went to get the Louisiana in the garden and the root was already firmly in the ground.  Got it out best I could, planted it, and it's already moving, like it didn't miss a beat.  This thing get pelted by our pop-up sprinklers out front and you literally can't seem to water them enough.  It's a FAST grower for me, big stiff, thick straps leaves starting to separate.  I can't wait.

• Like 1

Subscribe to my YouTube here  to follow along my Sabal obsession....  Quite possibly one of the biggest Sabal plantings in the US.

2 minutes ago, tlow said:

That's great.  Most of mine are at least 3 some 5 years old so I'm already a good chunk of the way there.  I was reserving a S. Louisian (the largest one) to go into my new landscaping we're doing around the house, we got done with one part of it two weekends ago (right smack dab in front of the hose on display) and I went to get the Louisiana in the garden and the root was already firmly in the ground.  Got it out best I could, planted it, and it's already moving, like it didn't miss a beat.  This thing get pelted by our pop-up sprinklers out front and you literally can't seem to water them enough.  It's a FAST grower for me, big stiff, thick straps leaves starting to separate.  I can't wait.

I’ve been checking in on this thread now and again. You said you were putting in a retaining wall right? I’m somewhat of a retaining wall/ raised bed connoisseur hahaha. How’s that project going? Especially being where you’re at you should cut that time down significantly since your growing season is way longer than mine. I planted 2 Louisiana’s this year, really young strap leave plants, but I swear you can watch the growth daily with both of them.

• Like 1

Sabal Brazoriensis at Barton Springs Nursery in Austin. It had a massive Filifera beating trunk. From what I gathered approximately 25-30 years old. 

01D23B85-5951-477D-8B4A-E9827545029D.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, teddytn said:

I’ve been checking in on this thread now and again. You said you were putting in a retaining wall right? I’m somewhat of a retaining wall/ raised bed connoisseur hahaha. How’s that project going? Especially being where you’re at you should cut that time down significantly since your growing season is way longer than mine. I planted 2 Louisiana’s this year, really young strap leave plants, but I swear you can watch the growth daily with both of them.

That is absolutely us.. take a look at my other thread I'm about to update as I have some other palms I didn't get chronicled last time and I talk about the wall.  We haven't started yet, but the approval from the city should come and we SHOULD start this week.  Then part of the project includes a nice outdoor structure, bar and kitchen for my smoker and TV to hang out in over the fall\winter.  We can't get this project started fast enough.

6 minutes ago, Meangreen94z said:

Sabal Brazoriensis at Barton Springs Nursery. It had a massive Filifera beating trunk. From what I gathered approximately 25-30 years old. 

Wow.. just wow

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meangreen94z said:

Sabal Brazoriensis at Barton Springs Nursery in Austin. It had a massive Filifera beating trunk. From what I gathered approximately 25-30 years old. 

The first time I saw that and that they sold 7 gallon Brazorias I almost hopped in the car right then and headed south! Hahaha. That thing is gorgeous! If a palmetto was that height nobody would look twice at it. Might look so cool because normally a full crown like that would be overhead in a trunking palm. Since it’s closer to eye level it does something to me lol. Just awesome!

@tlow I’ll definitely check out the other thread. Man, I could talk about retaining walls all day by themselves lol.

I wasn’t a fan until I saw that one. They grow much more appealing in full sun than their shady natural habitat. The huge Filifera style trunk is what is appealing to me

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Meangreen94z said:

I wasn’t a fan until I saw that one. They grow much more appealing in full sun than their shady natural habitat. The huge Filifera style trunk is what is appealing to me

Yes the trunk for sure! But so short. Looks like a palm you would see in Jurassic park lol

3 hours ago, teddytn said:

Yes the trunk for sure! But so short. Looks like a palm you would see in Jurassic park lol

Yeah, not a palm if you’re short on time or space. But if you’ve got a large lot and want a lot of variety in a colder climate, it’s eventually interesting to look at.

• Like 2

I know it sounds idiotic but watering Sabals like crazy makes them grow faster...a little palm fertilizer helps, too. Since changing my Sabal care habits, I’ve had great results....the McCurtain will have two new leaves by seasons end and the Brazoria will have four, that’s four new fronds by by winter, maybe even five. Sometimes it helps others when we report on our mistakes, no matter how stupid. I’m out of that let nature take care of it, unless there’s a drought routine and firmly in the proactive watering schedule. 

• Like 4

I don’t get rain in summer so I water the Sabals frequently. Pretty much anytime I have a hose in hand and there is a Sabal near I will give it a drink. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

On 6/6/2021 at 11:56 AM, Laaz said:

I have a sabal that I have no idea what it is. It grows faster than our native sabal,s & is much fatter. The story is, I was doing a cable repair job where the woman had cut her line while gardening. She felt bad & said here thake this palm that she had picked up somewhere in TX on a trip. Any ideas?

20210606_115059.jpg

Sabal Mexicana?

Nothing to say here. 

On 7/10/2021 at 7:24 AM, Meangreen94z said:

Here are a few more from today 

1213BBE3-3076-4B9F-A707-D79B255B411C.jpeg

31F21848-2320-41E6-B166-AEB5B2ACBBE5.jpeg

A99ECD02-1DB8-4EDE-8EE8-8EFD7C24AD01.jpeg

ACF9F5C3-8FF1-4BCD-9B59-F335A30B0E68.jpegSize 11

F362CE77-533D-4FF4-BBE9-F7AFD4D8F8CD.jpeg$29 for those feeling lucky

64C8A2CE-4DD3-4A50-851D-C25970489929.jpeg$499- 25 gallon for those short on time

• Like 6

@Meangreen94z you're making me feel pretty good.  I got mine larger than the size of the 25 gallons for half the price.

@Meangreen94z @Chester B call me crazy, but I say it’s worth it! You can’t put a price on time. Did they have a bunch of potted palms for sale other than Brazoria? I figured they would be sold out after last winter

1 hour ago, Chester B said:

@Meangreen94z you're making me feel pretty good.  I got mine larger than the size of the 25 gallons for half the price.

12 minutes ago, teddytn said:

@Meangreen94z @Chester B call me crazy, but I say it’s worth it! You can’t put a price on time. Did they have a bunch of potted palms for sale other than Brazoria? I figured they would be sold out after last winter

Yeah, the $499 was leftover Spring pricing. I don’t remember where those were priced but I know the 15 gallon Sabal Uresana went from $49 to $149 after that freeze. They were hoping to snag someone who lost their whole yard.

It probably dropped to 7*F in that area both nights with heavy ice. It does look great.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2021 at 7:03 PM, GregVirginia7 said:

Update on the McCurtain...new frond looks like the others but there is another one erupting...well, it’s not erupting...more like eking, but it’s pushing out...if I can get two new leaves this season, I’ll be happy. I’ll just keep watering and get results.image.thumb.jpg.4c5222c324dc22f29a77064f43dec372.jpg

Well...would you look at that! Finally, an adult frond...above, that little spike turned out to be another juvenile frond, then suddenly, after taking its time, the adult emerged...This is going to be one cold hardy palm, here in this little experimental backyard cold hardy palm lab. This one, by the way has been in ground since 2017 and never formally protected. I like its look better at this early stage and hope the fronds remain compact as compared to the sprawling minor fronds...but both have their reliable, cold hardy beauty.image.thumb.jpg.5387722d83b49da8c7226eff569a1397.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, teddytn said:

@GregVirginia7 looks like everyone’s sabals grew a bunch this year. Happy for ya on the adult frond!!! :greenthumb::greenthumb: We’ve had a lot of rain this spring and summer and I’ve supplemented like I haven’t done before and it’s paying off...all my Sabals are growing fast!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GregVirginia7 said:
5 minutes ago, teddytn said:

@GregVirginia7 looks like everyone’s sabals grew a bunch this year. Happy for ya on the adult frond!!! :greenthumb::greenthumb: We’ve had a lot of rain this spring and summer and I’ve supplemented like I haven’t done before and it’s paying off...all my Sabals are growing fast!

Same here, it’s been above average rain, and I’ve above average watered lol. I’m super excited to see everyone’s updates next year on everything cold hardy Sabal!

7 minutes ago, teddytn said:

Same here, it’s been above average rain, and I’ve above average watered lol. I’m super excited to see everyone’s updates next year on everything cold hardy Sabal!

Yes...I’ll put together a Brazoria update as well...that one has really surprised me...if weather permits, it’s going to be a huge palm fore sure.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GregVirginia7 said:

Yes...I’ll put together a Brazoria update as well...that one has really surprised me...if weather permits, it’s going to be a huge palm fore sure.

I’m late to the Brazoria party, I’ve got 2 strap leaf plants. Tempted to head to Barton springs in Austin and grab some bigger potted ones. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, teddytn said:

I’m late to the Brazoria party, I’ve got 2 strap leaf plants. Tempted to head to Barton springs in Austin and grab some bigger potted ones. 

So the Brazoria went in-ground the day it was delivered in July of 2015...lost all it’s fronds the following winter but resurrected the following summer with a little attention (pic. 1)BDEB1611-9CE3-475A-BAB4-8CA23EA636F7.thumb.jpeg.8519c57930fe233d7df9f6003c2729c0.jpeg

Here it is today and will be less tedious with protection this winter...extremes will dictate degree but according to the last few winters, hardly any...It’s planted way too close to the Trachy but my optimal microclimate is pretty limited here in my zone 7...Even getting a bit of a trunk which is nice to see.

image.thumb.jpg.354f7869bc872a03afb8e4932e1d7d39.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.6c6b73ce1d17510d9687e28af06fa3d6.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.1cd124f91d229c3719da98b47917e469.jpg

The fronds have a nice blue hue and I see that they will be gigantic but against the Trachy, I think they’ll get along just fine. Given the lay of the land, it gets a large amount of runoff but that doesn’t soak in so well...that benefits the needle and the basjoo best as it pools there...anyway, I’ve begun watering all my Sabals more regularly than in the past and have seen excellent results.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, GregVirginia7 said:

So the Brazoria went in-ground the day it was delivered in July of 2015...lost all it’s fronds the following winter but resurrected the following summer with a little attention (pic. 1)BDEB1611-9CE3-475A-BAB4-8CA23EA636F7.thumb.jpeg.8519c57930fe233d7df9f6003c2729c0.jpeg

Here it is today and will be less tedious with protection this winter...extremes will dictate degree but according to the last few winters, hardly any...It’s planted way too close to the Trachy but my optimal microclimate is pretty limited here in my zone 7...Even getting a bit of a trunk which is nice to see.

image.thumb.jpg.354f7869bc872a03afb8e4932e1d7d39.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.6c6b73ce1d17510d9687e28af06fa3d6.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.1cd124f91d229c3719da98b47917e469.jpg

The fronds have a nice blue hue and I see that they will be gigantic but against the Trachy, I think they’ll get along just fine. Given the lay of the land, it gets a large amount of runoff but that doesn’t soak in so well...that benefits the needle and the basjoo best as it pools there...anyway, I’ve begun watering all my Sabals more regularly than in the past and have seen excellent results.

First and second winters really decide if they’re going to make it long term. I think some people planting palms where they’re pushing the limits a little, forget that cold hardiness is always based on a more mature plant. That’s crazy it came back from the grave like that! Lol. Looks perfect, can’t see any damage from last winter at all.

58AC561A-54F5-424E-8E1C-1C7DAEE8B8BA.thumb.jpeg.0171fda3289804dc0e70b36b84681828.jpegLouisiana Sabal in shadeF66DAB21-9201-4A53-B020-54E861EB9FFA.thumb.jpeg.4502380682c2eb7bd0a76847f963f015.jpegLouisiana Sabal in full sun0D2402BA-03E4-47D4-91C9-EFB0056E9F7F.thumb.jpeg.1821ba2b58aa53c0a295f3d6b0afa0d9.jpegSabal Birmingham putting out its first frond since I got it in spring8593E024-6795-448F-A923-324D4A1BB671.thumb.jpeg.983ea58278f6bb7013f5e1b0ae96322b.jpegSabal Mexicana (I have three of these all the same size)46C6475A-37F7-4E6C-9A4D-3950DF054B42.thumb.jpeg.5095761c647f8473c890b9a0f0058ccc.jpegSabal uresana 3D5F776C-7F2C-4EDA-BC4E-D7903BC70D5A.thumb.jpeg.b194c8a9fb841ec38415801d1f592f0f.jpegSabal uresana heel7A1030B8-D330-4068-BC3E-A249B4FD66A2.thumb.jpeg.0ae8de71309e1b62dd3608ecee44a284.jpegSabal palmetto1E4A43B1-772F-4048-AD8B-B1BE2A670835.thumb.jpeg.e455985c00f78c900e3b7c44457f7375.jpeg2nd Sabal palmetto 8D044F24-6B13-42AB-84D7-D51D7B881D8F.thumb.jpeg.a084c238f7712b4f5f312068fd11a605.jpegnext few pics are Sabal seedlings I pulled from the ground back in February. 

CDA37BAB-A2EC-4A39-A8B6-A6C0635D4DBD.jpeg

BE55B684-7063-46E8-B2A7-68B23222AEBF.jpeg

49805F53-E6B9-447E-B1BC-379F5CEB1ABF.jpeg

Edited by Jtee
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jtee said:

58AC561A-54F5-424E-8E1C-1C7DAEE8B8BA.thumb.jpeg.0171fda3289804dc0e70b36b84681828.jpegLouisiana Sabal in shadeF66DAB21-9201-4A53-B020-54E861EB9FFA.thumb.jpeg.4502380682c2eb7bd0a76847f963f015.jpegLouisiana Sabal in full sun0D2402BA-03E4-47D4-91C9-EFB0056E9F7F.thumb.jpeg.1821ba2b58aa53c0a295f3d6b0afa0d9.jpegSabal Birmingham putting out its first frond since I got it in spring8593E024-6795-448F-A923-324D4A1BB671.thumb.jpeg.983ea58278f6bb7013f5e1b0ae96322b.jpegSabal Mexicana (I have three of these all the same size)46C6475A-37F7-4E6C-9A4D-3950DF054B42.thumb.jpeg.5095761c647f8473c890b9a0f0058ccc.jpegSabal uresana 3D5F776C-7F2C-4EDA-BC4E-D7903BC70D5A.thumb.jpeg.b194c8a9fb841ec38415801d1f592f0f.jpegSabal uresana heel7A1030B8-D330-4068-BC3E-A249B4FD66A2.thumb.jpeg.0ae8de71309e1b62dd3608ecee44a284.jpegSabal palmetto1E4A43B1-772F-4048-AD8B-B1BE2A670835.thumb.jpeg.e455985c00f78c900e3b7c44457f7375.jpeg2nd Sabal palmetto 8D044F24-6B13-42AB-84D7-D51D7B881D8F.thumb.jpeg.a084c238f7712b4f5f312068fd11a605.jpegnext few pics are Sabal seedlings I pulled from the ground back in February. 

CDA37BAB-A2EC-4A39-A8B6-A6C0635D4DBD.jpeg

BE55B684-7063-46E8-B2A7-68B23222AEBF.jpeg

49805F53-E6B9-447E-B1BC-379F5CEB1ABF.jpeg

What do you think of the uresana, looks like it’s been planted for a while?