• Similar Content

• palmtreesforpleasure
      By palmtreesforpleasure
      What species is this palm leaf from and who is this strange person i ran into
      regards
      Colin

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      I've been wanting to go out and take photos since New Years but have been recovering from major surgery. I'm up and around for now and have decided to do a photo layout of some of the palm seedlings I've grown from seeds over the past couple years. The list is not comprehensive and includes a Dypsis and Cham turckheimii I bought rather than germinated. Most everybody has seen photos of mature palms but few of us have seen them as small seedlings or juveniles.
      1. Ptychosperma sp 'Cartegna'

2. Dypsis ifanadianae w/heel

3. Drymophloeous oliviformis

4. Ptychosperma microcarpum

5. Chamaedorea alternans

6. Ptychosperma unk sp Australia

7. Chamaedorea tuerckheimii

8. Cyphophoenix elegans

9. Howea forsteriana

10. Licuala fordiana

11. Licuala lauterbachii

12. Pinanga maculata

13. Hydriastele dransfieldii

14. Carpoxylon macrospermum

15. Chamaedorea geoniformis

16. Brassiophoenix schumannii

17. Areca catechu dwarf x Areca macrocalyx

18. Chamaedorea arenbergiana variegated

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      I have found four more palms of an unknown species of Veitchia I grew from seeds I received from Australia in 2019. The Seller sold them to me as coming from an unknown Ptychosperma but consensus on PT is that they are actually Veitchias. All Veitchias are solitary palms as you can read below:
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veitchia
      The palms are as follows:
      1.5g x2: Both are going pinnate. Cost = $12.00 each
      1g x1: Bifid leaves. Cost = $9.00
      6" pot x1: Bifid leaves. Cost = $5.00
            OR Take all 4 for $30.00
      Shipping = $15.00 outside of FL, $12.00 within FL
      Roots wrapped in damp orchid moss, clear wrap and foil. No shipping overseas. No shipping to HI
      Payment via Paypal
      PM me if you are interested. Tell me how which palms you wish to purchase and give me your name/address to copy/paste on a mailing label. I will PM back a quote. When you pay, tell me.
      NOTE: Please give me 24 hours to respond. After 24 hours, send me a civil reminder.
      Photos

• Yunder Wækraus
      By Yunder Wækraus
      I’m taking my boys on a 4-wheel driving adventure north of our home in Cairns later this month. Are there wild foxtail groves that can be visited by the public?
    • PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      I have found an additional 6 seedlings in 4" pots of a palm I germinated as a Ptychosperma unk sp that turned out to be an unknown Veitchia. In 2019 I received seeds from Australia of what I was told was an unknown Ptchosperma. They germinated well and grew well and I have 5 of them that need new homes. Consensus on PalmTalk is that these beautiful palms are an unknown Veitchia. Veitchia is a woefully overlooked genus tall solitary palms. Seedlings are tough and fast growing and they have characteristic Veitchia tomentum on their stems and petioles. I am selling these seedlings in a lot for $20.00 + shipping.
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veitchia
      Veitchia Unknown Seedlings, 4" pots: $20.00 for Lot of 6
      Shipping = $12.00 via Priority Mail. Roots wrapped in damp orchid moss, clear wrap and foil.
      TOTAL = $32.00
      No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI
      Payment via Paypal
      PM me if you are interested. Give me your name/address to copy/paste on a mailing label. I will PM back a quote. When you pay, tell me.
      NOTE: Please give me 24 hours to respond. After 24 hours, send me a civil reminder.
      Photos