Sign in to follow this  
PalmatierMeg

Ptychosperma Unknown Species x8 for Sale

PalmatierMeg

For sale are 8 4" pots of an unknown Ptychosperma I received seeds for from Australia in 2019. I am sure these palms are Ptychosperma but I am unsure which species they are. They have stayed fairly small and grow well although not super fast. They are faster and more robust than P. elegans, which I have and have germinated so I'm sure they aren't that species. According to Palmpedia, there are 22 species of Ptchosperma:

http://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/Category:PTYCHOSPERMA

I am selling these seedlings as follows:

Ptychosperma unk species in 4" pots: $15.00 for Lot of 4. Two Lots Only

Shipping = $10.00 per lot. Sold without pots/soil with roots wrapped in damp orchid moss, clear wrap and foil

TOTAL = $25.00 per Lot

No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI

Payment via Paypal

PM me if you are interested. Give me your name/address to copy/paste on a mailing label. I will PM back a quote. When you pay, tell me.

NOTE: Please give me 24 hours to respond. After 24 hours, send me a civil reminder.

Photos

786704354_Ptychospermaunkspx80105-29-21.thumb.JPG.47e9d760a91aab973f189765b22be660.JPG1953620054_Ptychospermaunkspx80205-29-21.thumb.JPG.6d48bdc0dc1ef181e7e301427e762264.JPG1403909785_Ptychospermaunkspx80405-29-21.thumb.JPG.7f1dbd65cfc7e189c634e0f787355416.JPG877972895_Ptychospermaunkspx80505-29-21.thumb.JPG.53000c7a714fef7f2dc654fa21d57f28.JPG824322167_Ptychospermaunkspx80605-29-21.thumb.JPG.f00d000c035d73a0fc20578330da6d71.JPG

PalmatierMeg

I am revising this sale and combining all 8 palms into one lot

Ptychosperma unk species in 4" pots: $20.00 for Lot of 8 seedlings.  ONE LOT ONLY

Shipping = $12.00 per lot. Sold without pots/soil with roots wrapped in damp orchid moss, clear wrap and foil

TOTAL = $32.00 for the Lot

PM me if interested

PalmatierMeg

BUMP! These unknown Ptychosperma seedlings still looking for a home. See details in previous post.

PalmatierMeg

Seedlings are SOLD!

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      I have found four more palms of an unknown species of Veitchia I grew from seeds I received from Australia in 2019. The Seller sold them to me as coming from an unknown Ptychosperma but consensus on PT is that they are actually Veitchias. All Veitchias are solitary palms as you can read below:
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veitchia
      The palms are as follows:
      1.5g x2: Both are going pinnate. Cost = $12.00 each
      1g x1: Bifid leaves. Cost = $9.00
      6" pot x1: Bifid leaves. Cost = $5.00
            OR Take all 4 for $30.00
      Shipping = $15.00 outside of FL, $12.00 within FL
      Roots wrapped in damp orchid moss, clear wrap and foil. No shipping overseas. No shipping to HI
      Payment via Paypal
      PM me if you are interested. Tell me how which palms you wish to purchase and give me your name/address to copy/paste on a mailing label. I will PM back a quote. When you pay, tell me.
      NOTE: Please give me 24 hours to respond. After 24 hours, send me a civil reminder.
      Photos

• Yunder Wækraus
      By Yunder Wækraus
      I’m taking my boys on a 4-wheel driving adventure north of our home in Cairns later this month. Are there wild foxtail groves that can be visited by the public?
    • PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      I have found an additional 6 seedlings in 4" pots of a palm I germinated as a Ptychosperma unk sp that turned out to be an unknown Veitchia. In 2019 I received seeds from Australia of what I was told was an unknown Ptchosperma. They germinated well and grew well and I have 5 of them that need new homes. Consensus on PalmTalk is that these beautiful palms are an unknown Veitchia. Veitchia is a woefully overlooked genus tall solitary palms. Seedlings are tough and fast growing and they have characteristic Veitchia tomentum on their stems and petioles. I am selling these seedlings in a lot for $20.00 + shipping.
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veitchia
      Veitchia Unknown Seedlings, 4" pots: $20.00 for Lot of 6
      Shipping = $12.00 via Priority Mail. Roots wrapped in damp orchid moss, clear wrap and foil.
      TOTAL = $32.00
      No shipping outside the US. No shipping to HI
      Payment via Paypal
      PM me if you are interested. Give me your name/address to copy/paste on a mailing label. I will PM back a quote. When you pay, tell me.
      Photos

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      I posted photos of these four seedlings a couple months but I'm still not sure what I have. I got seeds of these palms from Australia back in 2019 and the seller IDed them as "Ptychosperma unknown species" with large leaves and large seeds. When I say "large seeds" I do it with Ptychospermas in mind. I can't remember exactly what the seeds looked like except they were elongated and approx. 3/4" to 1" long and 1/3" to 1/2" wide. One PTer suggested they might be Veitchias. My seeds source seemed knowledgable enough to tell the difference between Ptychospermas and Veitchias, but who can say if he was? I took photos of the largest palm. Notice it has black speckling and a lot of tomentum but is that a shared trait of Ptychos and Veitchias? Seedlings are robust and fast growing. They sailed through my winter carefree and without protection.
      Ptychosperma or Veitchia?

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      I was taking photos in the back yard jungle a couple days ago. The following planted/potted palms were ready for their closeups:
      Syagrus schizophylla - The only Syagrus with spines, I think. Very slow growing compared to queens. I grew this specimen from seeds I found under a display at my local orange BB about 10 years ago. It was unfazed by fusarium wilt that destroyed all my queens, mules and Washy.

Ptychosperma sp - Solitary, skinny little palm with huge ruffled leaves. New leaves open bronze-y red, then turn dark green.

Chamaedorea ernesti-augusti - This species cannot tolerate my alkaline soil and dies within weeks of being planted. So, I grew these from seeds started 10 years ago and they live their lives in pots. Those stems are thinner than my forefinger.