GardnerDylan6a

Solitaire Palm [Ptychosperma elegans] germination

GardnerDylan6a

Hello I was wondering if anyone knows a good way to germinate Ptychosperma elegans seeds, thanks

kinzyjr

@GardnerDylan6a Just putting them in a 16 oz cup with moist medium and bottom heat should do the trick in two weeks to a month.  I've done about 600 this way.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

GardnerDylan6a

Hello thanks for the reply, what temperature  is ideal for the seed germination and how long should they be pre soaked for?

kinzyjr
12 minutes ago, GardnerDylan6a said:

Hello thanks for the reply, what temperature  is ideal for the seed germination and how long should they be pre soaked for?

I soaked mine for 24 hours and kept them at 90F+.  If they are really fresh, you'll start seeing a few pop around the two week mark.

• Upvote 1

PalmatierMeg

Ptycho elegans germinate like mad if they are fresh, kept very warm and kept moist but not soggy. Still, you have to be patient as the process may take weeks to months.

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Darwinpalmlover
      By Darwinpalmlover
      Hi all...I am looking to see if anyone has any fresh C.Renda seeds available.
    • GardnerDylan6a
      By GardnerDylan6a
      Hello I have some sun dried Queen palm seeds with what looks like the seed pulp still attached and I was wondering if anyone knows what my next step should be to germinate them.

• Rd003
      By Rd003
      Recently acquired some A. crispa seeds and cracked the outer shell (I’ve heard it helps shave lots of time off germination). Does anyone have success with any specific methods or know how the endocarps themselves like to be treated? Any advice  would be much appreciated!
    • GardnerDylan6a
      By GardnerDylan6a
      Hello I was wondering if people could share how they germinate W. Filifera and Robusta seeds, I am wondering what the ideal temperature for germination is, as I have my Filifera seeds in a pot at room temperature with the soil at around 67 F, will they germinate?