ZPalms

Coconut Palm in North Carolina Experiment

ZPalms

Saturday, October 9th, 7:08PM, 2021. 

Moved it inside for the night, looking beautiful!

IMG-8127.thumb.jpg.afdb50b8d5234a90c27cca5ede224734.jpg

Edited by ZPalms
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Palmy Pal

Looking good! Are you having to bring yours in? My coconut palms are still outside 24/7 as of now

• Like 2

Palmy Pal

Here’s an update on one of mine. Pushed out a new frond and another on the way. Still loving the 85f weather here so I’ll keep it out until it gets constantly cold at night. It has been out a couple nights when it got below 50 at night and it was perfectly fine. 

5E692494-58A4-49C0-B474-CDC6DED0245F.jpeg

814C4632-5EF4-429B-8FD9-96CCC24F8F19.jpeg

E0CAFB6D-0BC8-45FE-8C61-F7DB447FA2F8.jpeg

• Like 2

ZPalms
13 hours ago, Palmy Pal said:

Looking good! Are you having to bring yours in? My coconut palms are still outside 24/7 as of now

Thanks! It seems to do fine with the low temperatures but it sits out in the open and I'm playing it safe and when it gets into low 60s is when I bring it in and tonight it will be 54 degrees and I don't even wanna try to play with that but so far so good, I take it out everyday to get heat cause the days are still pretty warm! I just wish the weather would stop jumping back and forth :floor2:

13 hours ago, Palmy Pal said:

Here’s an update on one of mine. Pushed out a new frond and another on the way. Still loving the 85f weather here so I’ll keep it out until it gets constantly cold at night. It has been out a couple nights when it got below 50 at night and it was perfectly fine. 

5E692494-58A4-49C0-B474-CDC6DED0245F.jpeg

814C4632-5EF4-429B-8FD9-96CCC24F8F19.jpeg

E0CAFB6D-0BC8-45FE-8C61-F7DB447FA2F8.jpeg

Looking great! I'm jealous of your pennate leaves, I'm so excited to get some eventually! mine is pushing 2 straps at the same time right now:wub:

• Like 1

Palmy Pal
14 hours ago, ZPalms said:

Thanks! It seems to do fine with the low temperatures but it sits out in the open and I'm playing it safe and when it gets into low 60s is when I bring it in and tonight it will be 54 degrees and I don't even wanna try to play with that but so far so good, I take it out everyday to get heat cause the days are still pretty warm! I just wish the weather would stop jumping back and forth :floor2:

Looking great! I'm jealous of your pennate leaves, I'm so excited to get some eventually! mine is pushing 2 straps at the same time right now:wub:

Thanks! They started to split so I may or may not have helped it out a bit with the splitting :floor:I couldn’t help myself!! 

• Like 2

PalmatierMeg

@ZPalms, your coconut looks pristine. Good work.

• Like 2