GardnerDylan6a

Washingtonia Filibusta growth rate

GardnerDylan6a

Does anyone know what the overall growth rate of W filibusta is and how it compares to Filifera and robusta?

Edited by GardnerDylan6a

Fusca

I've not compared them, but here in Texas they're all fast and filifera is likely the slowest of the three.

• Like 1

RyManUtah
1 hour ago, Fusca said:

I've not compared them, but here in Texas they're all fast and filifera is likely the slowest of the three.

Ditto. Easily feet per year. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• GardnerDylan6a
      By GardnerDylan6a
      Hello, I was wondering if the color of the stem at seedling size can identify which characteristics the palm will have (filifera or robusta)

you can see mine is almost entirely green but with a slight hue of red, where as some of my others are clearly red

• tacobender
      By tacobender
      This palm is over by the local marina. This is the only one I have seen like this.
      How rare is this and how or why does this happen.

• Coasta
      By Coasta
      hello everyone!! About a year ago I planted to palms from the same nursery. Before I purchased from this nursery I shopped around a lot to find the purest robustas. I noticed the smaller one is a bit hairier and I know that is a characteristic of a filifera, unless robustas are that hairy when they are young. If anyone could help me identify if the smaller one is a robusta, filibusta or filifera. I am hoping its a robusta, your expertise would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone could confirm that the bigger one is a robusta. Thank you!

• serdar-tr
      By serdar-tr
      What is the type of this palm? robusta, filifera, filibusta?

• Ck32250
      By Ck32250
      I planted this palm about 2 years ago. It immeadiatly lost 80% of its fronds. It has been unchanged ever since- not a single new frond. I recently stuck a camera in there and it looks like the new growth is stuck somehow. Should I try to dig it out? Any advice on getting this to grow new fronds again? Thanks.