• Similar Content

• Plantking165
      By Plantking165
      How does the trunk look on this 15 gallon dwarf coconut, worth getting it or is the trunk not thick enough? It's a fiji dwarf.
    • teddytn
      By teddytn
      Sabal minor are so underrated. Everyone that can grow them should. Everyone regularly on the cold hardy section should have as many as possible. Being native to so many different states and areas there’s so much diversity in just this one Sabal species. I love growing them, but I also love seeing them. Let’s see some pics!!!
    • GoatLockerGuns
      By GoatLockerGuns
      Pictures of Sabal minor growing in habitat at Honey Creek State Natural Area, Texas (approximate GPS coordinates: 29.859131138720375, -98.48455621328327).  These were taken on January 29, 2022.  There are some other specimens growing along the river at the adjacent Guadalupe River State Park; however, they are not as prevalent, or grow as large there.  These Sabal minor were observed growing in three distinct environments: 1. Along the creek side and close to water; 2. Along and on top of the rocky hillside/cliffs; and 3. Out in the open in the Live Oak savanna.

• Chester B
      By Chester B
      Pretty standard stuff but the whole lot cost me $35 including shipping. I figure there’s about 100 Sabal minor seedlings. I just couldn’t pass it up even though I have no need for them. I’m planning on doing some guerilla planting and a mass planting in my own yard. 

• KsLouisiana
      By KsLouisiana
      So last weekend we did a trip to Avery Island, La to the jungle gardens tour at the tabasco factory.  It was really cool. We saw some amazing sabals and sabal minors everywhere! We also saw some really nice cycads that I have not seen in Louisiana before. Could y'all possibly identify the cycad? We also saw a HUGE Chinese fan palm. Was wondering if anyone else has been there before. Also just letting y'all know it's a great place for a weekend trip :)