Sign in to follow this  
PalmCode

Rhopalostylis ID

PalmCode

Those Banks Peninsula Nikau are awesome. Thanks for sharing. Make sure to grab yourself some seed if you're ever back there.

PalmCode
1 hour ago, sipalms said:

I should add too, that my opinion on banks peninsula form has changed a little as I observe more habitat Rhopalostylis around the country. Seems so be somewhat unique. It certainly is very isolated and likely would have been for many centuries or even millenia, so somewhat homogeneous as a result.

It's interesting, that the most Isolated tiny areas these palms evolved from always look and grow the best. Maybe from less competition with other canopy dominant growing tress.

Gary

hopefully lots of seed off this palm this time round as last year rats wiped it out just as it was going red

SANY0195 (1).JPG

• Like 1

PalmCode
5 hours ago, Gary said:

hopefully lots of seed off this palm this time round as last year rats wiped it out just as it was going red

SANY0195 (1).JPG

I'd be setting up rat traps gettng as many of the bastards as possible. Hope it sets seed this time around.

Gary
1 hour ago, PalmCode said:

I'd be setting up rat traps gettng as many of the bastards as possible. Hope it sets seed this time around.

set traps and use rat bait but i live in the bush so lots of them

PalmCode
22 hours ago, Gary said:

set traps and use rat bait but i live in the bush so lots of them

True, at least every rat you get is one less...  any way, cheers for the nikau info. youre the guru.