• Similar Content

• aztropic
      By aztropic
      The Copernicia species has proven itself another winner in the CA and AZ low deserts. Many Caribbean natives seem to do very well here,taking a liking to our dry,alkaline soils.
      This is my biggest Copernicia berteroana on the left,that I grew from seed I collected on the IPS sponsored trip to the Dominican Republic in 2006. Rather fast growing,but the most frost tender cope I grow. It can replace an entire canopy in 1 season.
      On the right is Copernicia macroglossia,the petticoat palm.(sans petticoat) It has to be tied up due to the planting location,but will be released after it grows a few more feet of trunk.

aztropic 
      Mesa,Arizona

• JANAIY
      By JANAIY
      Today I see a yellowing leave stem, it’s the 7th leave and some rust like spots. I don’t like it and am concerned. What is it and what should I do to stop it? 
      Since they like water not sure if she got too much. Hope somebody know Leo an assist?! 

• aztropic
      By aztropic
      My Copernicia rigida finally seems to have taken off this year with our record breaking heat waves. It's actually been planted in that spot for about 10 years now from a small seedling,but has just begun producing its first few upright fronds.Its been very slow for me, (maybe too much shade) but I'm hopeful it has an accelerated growth rate from this point forward. 

aztropic
      Mesa,Arizona

• aztropic
      By aztropic
      It would appear so, but was due to an overdue cleanup...  Copernicia berteroana to its left not looking too shabby either!  Who knew these subtropical species would thrive in the Arizona desert?    

aztropic
      Mesa,Arizona

• Moose
      By Moose