Sign in to follow this  
Mickey

Your advise on newly planted Waggie Palm.

Mickey

Have a quick question on a newly planted Waggie Palm. Three weeks ago planted a field grown,  7' , b&b Waggie. It had some minor scale that I have treated with oil and a systemic and looks to be recovering nicely. It was watered daily for the first week and now I'm watering 2x per week. The bottom row of fronds is looking a bit yellow, but I was warned that this might be shock from digging, transporting and planting. My question is should I start fertilizing now or wait? On my Windmill and Pindo I use Jobes Organics. Is this a good product? Many thanks for your help.

Chester B
On 5/3/2021 at 9:09 AM, Mickey said:

Have a quick question on a newly planted Waggie Palm. Three weeks ago planted a field grown,  7' , b&b Waggie. It had some minor scale that I have treated with oil and a systemic and looks to be recovering nicely. It was watered daily for the first week and now I'm watering 2x per week. The bottom row of fronds is looking a bit yellow, but I was warned that this might be shock from digging, transporting and planting. My question is should I start fertilizing now or wait? On my Windmill and Pindo I use Jobes Organics. Is this a good product? Many thanks for your help.

Personally  I probably wouldn't fertilize until the end of summer or even next year.  I usually let them settle first year in the ground.\

As far as the Jobes I can't say, I use Palmgain.